Sunday 24 March 2013

That’s What She Said: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation Review

revlon nearly naked foundation review ivory swatches

revlon nearly naked foundation review ivory swatches pale skin

This beauty has been doing the rounds in the blogsphere recently, lusted after by us UK girlies after seeing many a review from over the pond. Now I don’t buy many foundations, especially drugstore ones as most are too dark for my skintone. I’ve been very happy with my go too Illamasqua Skinbase, but I've been looking for something that is alot lighter with added SPF. Needless to say, as soon as I spotted this baby in Superdrug it made its way into my basket.

Marketed as ‘Makeup so refreshingly light it melts in’, Revlon Nearly Naked is a light-medium (buildable) coverage foundation that gives abit more than a tinted moisturiser but keeps things natural, evening skintone without loading a tonne of product onto the face. It’s not greasy but gives a beautiful glow to the skin. Now this won’t cover your blemishes and dark circles, but on me it neutralises mild redness and some older acne scarring. It’s better for your skin to have a light base and use concealer on areas which need it though right?

revlon nearly naked foundation review ivory swatches 2

I’ve found the longevity changes depending on which primer and powder I use, but in general it lasts the whole day before it starts to slide around a little. Unfortunately the colour range isn’t that diverse, only having 10 shades which do lean a little more cool toned. I use the lightest #110 Ivory and it is a pretty good match, a little too dark but it’s not the noticeable. See nearly Naked in action below, no retouching. You can see how my face is slightly darker than my neck, but as I said, it’s not too noticeable in person. I guess you could compare this with Urban Decay’s Naked Skin but for a fraction of the price with added SPF20. I was originally going to get the UD offering, but am glad I saved my pennies and went for this!

IMG_8052editj_thumb[3]

Recently I’ve been mixing Nearly Naked with my Skin Base and have been pretty happy with the results! It’s a little more coverage and a little paler but still lightweight. The only thing I'm not really liking is the lack of pump. It’s not a deal breaker mind you, just a mild annoyance. At £8.99 in Superdrug/Boots (who as you probably know, regularly have offers) who can complain really.

Have you tried Nearly Naked Foundation? What’s your favourite light coverage face product?

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...