Friday 17 January 2014

My Skincare Routine ft. Liz Earle, Pixi & Hydraluron

skincare routine beauty blog

For the first time I actually feel like I have a skincare routine that is working and giving me results. It’s not overly complicated with only a few quick steps as I really don't want to be faffing around with alot of products when I’m half asleep. I have been sticking to this routine for a while and don't plan to deviate away from it, however, if I am trying out new products I generally try to do it one at a time, so if its not working for me I know the culprit instead of having to sort through a mass of lotions and potions.

Firstly I use Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish (£24.75 - 200ml) morning and night, to clean my face, removing any makeup or overnight ickyness. I’m 100% a water and flannel kind of girl, the idea of not wetting my face when getting a wash is foreign and a little gross sounding. C&P lets me get a good ol’ scrub with a muslin cloth/flannel, successfully giving my face a good clean while making my skin feel super soft. Next, I use Liz Earle Skin Tonic (£13.25 - 200ml) in the morning while at night I use Pixi Glow Tonic (£16 - 250ml). Skin tonic refreshes my skin, preparing it for the day ahead while Pixi Glow exfoliates, removing any left over makeup or dead skin. The newest step in my routine is a serum in the form of Hydraluron (£25 - 30ml). If you have read my review on this you will know how much I sing the praise of this product. It’s done so much for my skin in terms of clearing it up and you only need a pea size amount to cover the whole face. Finally I finish off with Re-Gen Oil (£4 approx – 75ml), which is basically a cheaper version of Bio Oil. I’ve been using this for over two years and it really contributes to clearing up scarring in half the time. In the morning I tend to use 2-3 drops while in the evening I use 5 drops to give my skin that little extra loving overnight.

Since having this routine I’ve noticed my skin looks better than it ever has. Blemishes are practically non-existent and scarring is fading nicely. The majority of the products are lasting me quite a while too, so its not putting too much pressure on my bank account. One thing I am missing though, is an eye cream, which I’m hoping to add this year. I'm 22 now so should probably start looking at protecting my eye area from the daily stress of makeup. If you have any eye cream recommendations feel free to comment below!

What's your current skincare routine? Are you using any of the products mentioned in this post?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...