Wednesday 8 January 2014

Collective Haul: Disney Makeup, Sugarpill, Urban Decay etc.

_DSC0009edit21

After budgeting for so long it feels weird to actually have money. I’m still planning on saving most of my hard earned pennies as travelling is a priority of mine in the near future, but I'm not going to be as restricting when it comes to treating myself, especially to skincare. So, on that note today’s post is a collective haul from the past 2 months. I do have some other bits on the way (Pixi Glow Tonic for example) but I wanted to get this up sooner rather than later.

Firstly is one of the MUA Velvet Lip Lacquers (£3) in Kooky. I’ve been on the hunt for these for a while so snapped one up when I finally spotted them in Superdrug. I most definitely need to get my hands on the pink version for everyday wear as Kooky looks beautiful and lasts a long time on the lips. Taking a trip down memory lane recently, saw me stopping by Cyberdog in Affleck's Palace, Manchester, and ending up leaving with a spontaneous Sugarpill purchase. I’ve wanted Bulletproof (£10), an amazing matte black, for years but it was always out of stock when I made an online order and the newest palette release, Cold Chemistry (£30), was bound to make its way into my stash sooner or later. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish (£24.75), the 200ml size, was a repurchase and I finally caved on getting Hydraluron (£24.99). My skin has been quite horrendous after returning home from Florida, the humidity there majorly agreeing with me and causing it to be the clearest its ever been. I came to the conclusion that the cause for my skin trouble may be down to a lack of moisture (odd to get my head around as I have slight oily skin). I’ll have a review on this coming soon but I think its safe to say, I may have found a HG product.

I collect the small Sephora Disney Princess palettes so when I saw the one I missed back online in October, I knew it had to be mine. Luckily, the lovely Samantha offered to ship it over the the UK for me. Midnight Hour is inspired by Cinderella and retailed for around $30. Unfortunately it is limited edition and I doubt it will come back in stock on Sephora’s website. You can always find it on ebay though, if you keep an eye out. The ELF Disney Villains palettes are also pretties we can’t buy over here in the UK. I managed to get my hands on a Maleficent Look Book from a blog sale before Christmas and since then, the gorgeous Susan has managed to find me some more bits in the collection that are currently on their way to my grabby hands. Keep your eyes peeled as I’m going to be having a giveaway of one of the palettes sometime soon. Furthermore, three of the Etude House Minnie Mouse Nail Polishes made their way into my basket after seeing how cute and inexpensive they were. I got mine from this ebay seller. They have brilliant customer service and promptly sent out a replacement after I received the wrong polish so i really recommend them for your Asian beauty buys.

Rounding it up with my most recent purchases, I spent my Christmas Debenhams vouchers on Diorskin Forever (£32) and Urban Decay Naked Basics (£20). I’ve had a sample of the Dior foundation before and absolutely loved it although I do admit, I probably wouldn't have splurged on it if it wasn't for the vouchers, I'm a cheapskate. I really wanted something which was a lighter coverage and luxurious, this foundation totally ticking the boxes. I have shade 011 which leans a bit to the yellow side as to cancel out some of the redness on my face. Finally, I don’t really know what to say about Naked Basics other than duh? I love Naked 1 and 2 so having a travel friendly neutral eye basic was a natural progression really.

Have you ever tried any of these products? What have you treated yourself to recently?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

1 comment:

  1. I've had the Naked Palette for a while now and I love it!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251/hope-freedom-love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...