Thursday 6 September 2012

Clarisonic Mia: Monthly Update #3 – Initial Verdict!

_DSC0041edit

If you’re a regular reader of my blog you will know that a few months ago I purchased a Clarisonic. Drawn in by the hype, I forked out a silly amount of money for the little device, hoping it would do to me as it’s done to many others. Improve my rebellious skin. After trying it for three months (not including July-August as I just didn't use it then) I think I'm pretty much ready to tell you all my verdict. You can read Update #1 and Update #2 by clicking on the titles in this sentence, they explain my journey a little more in depth.

_DSC0053edit

Honestly, the Clarisonic Mia isn’t worth the price tag. I haven't seen any noticeable results in the time I've been using it. If anything my skin got worse. It’s only after I stopped using it for a while that my skin went back to normal. Sure, in the long run I might see some improvements, I really hope I do, but up to now I really regret spending the money on it.

If its not broke, don’t fix it! My skin was the best its been in years before I started using the Clarisonic, and it’s taken me 4 months to get back to that stage. I think I’m better suited to a good ol’ facial scrub for exfoliation.  Remember though, what does or doesn't work on me might not be the same for you, everybody's skin is different! I am going to continue using this when I’m in the bath, as it’s not caused any bad reactions in the past few weeks, so I will update you guys 6 months on. For now though, I would have to say its a thumbs down.

Do you have a Clarisonic? What is your experience with it?
Don’t forget to vote in my poll on the sidebar for what you want to see in the next few months!

xox


5 comments:

  1. Great review, I wanted to try this product thanks for sharing your honest opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pricey product, and no fun that it didn't work for you. And I agree that what works for one person might not work for another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Rio Soniclease (a Clarisonic Dupe) and it has been incredible! I went through a purging stage but now my skin is generally in better condition. I think items like this aren't really great for spots but for exfoliation and improving skin tone my Sonicleanse is SPOT ON! Plus it is way cheaper, only £40 and cheaper on ebay!!
    Charlotte
    x x

    lilmisschickas.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a clarisonic pro and I like it. I usually use it twice a week with the sensitive brush head as I'm scared the others would be to harsh for my skin. I'm sorry that it made your skin break out, that's not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually gave up on my clarisonic mia :( just wasn't giving me good results and was most likely aggravating my skin more than cleaning it!

    Thanks for posting, these monthly updates are a really good idea :)

    xx Veronica

    http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...