Monday 13 January 2014

Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Foundation Review

diorskin forever foundation review 011

diorskin forever foundation review 011 beauty

It’s not often you see me review foundations as I tend to stick to the same one consistently, namely my Illamasqua Skin Base. Last year I did get a sample of DiorSkin Forever and ended up loving it so much that this Christmas I finally took the plunge and used some vouchers to purchase the full size. Firstly, the packaging is gorgeous. Very luxurious housed in a glass bottle with a metal pump and a navy blue lid, which is prone to fingerprints i may add, as can probably be seen above. I have shade 011 which leans slightly more yellow, as when getting colour matched I requested something to cancel out the redness on my face. I use one pump of this foundation and lightly buff into the skin with my Sigma F82, which leaves me with a light coverage of product that evens out my skin tone nicely. I’ve read reviews which state that it’s medium coverage/buildable but i generally prefer a lighter base with concealer where its needed, so use it sparingly.

This foundation is not quite matte, but it does have a slight gleam for a very natural looking finish. Furthermore, it has a silky, fluid texture and sits very lightly on the skin, not feeling too heavy or sinking into pores. Now this isn't a complete match for my skin tone, but as i use it so sparingly that it blends in beautifully and I haven’t experienced any oxidisation. Longwearing with minimal transfer, DiorSkin Forever is generally a lovely foundation to use with the added bonus of containing spf making it perfect for daytime. Although if you have sensitive skin I would be wary, as one of the ingredients is alcohol.

Pros: Looks natural, has spf 25, evens out skin tone, hasn’t oxidised, longwearing.
Cons: Expensive, not a great range of shades, contains alcohol.

For £32, this foundation is expensive. I don’t think I would repurchase it as nothing, as of yet, can compare to my Skin Base, but it’s a nice foundation to have for those special occasions/feel good days. We all need a little treat every now and again. You can find this in Debenhams and Boots online/in select stores.

What's your favourite high end foundation? Have you ever tried DiorSkin Forever?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

1 comment:

  1. The packaging... swoooon!

    Stephanie (@hopefreedomlove)
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251/hope-freedom-love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...