Friday 24 January 2014

Barry M Gelly Nail Paints

_DSC0006edit

When it comes to high street nail polishes, Barry M are renowned for their quality and affordability. They always have a host of new offerings from glitter to matte, textured to gel, keeping on top of the latest trends. One of their most popular lines, the Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints, have been on my radar ever since they hit the shelves in late 2012. Since then, there has been many beautiful additions to the range. They are described as being one-coat-colours, although I’ve always had to use at least 2. Having tried many of the shades, I feel I can now make a fair judgement. I really like the colour selections and finish but the quality of the line can be a little hit or miss. Take, for example, the three shades above. Lychee and Green Berry both apply beautifully and are opaque in 2 coats, lasting around 1-2 days before chipping occurs (I'm lucky if i get more than 2 days wear with any nail polish other than Chanel!). Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Blue Grape. It applies very patchy and after 3 coats it still isn’t completely opaque, while also starting to chip after just a few hours. I used the same basecoat to apply all three polishes.

_DSC0010edit

notd barry m gel nail paint polish lychee nude[6]

NOTD barry m greenberry gelly nail paint swatch[6][Yes I have dodgy cuticles. No i don't really care haha]

Overall I do like the Gelly Nail Paints even though there are one or two ‘bad eggs’. My favourites have to be Green Berry (which I can never photograph right!) and Blood Orange (a stunning red). I’m eyeing up Watermelon for my next purchase as its such a gorgeously unique shade. Each polish will set you back just £3.99 each, with offers making regular appearances.

What's your favourite shade from the Gelly Nail Paint range?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

6 comments:

  1. Green Berry is absolutely gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! The camera never shows it justice.
      x

      Delete
  2. I love all the colours you chose. The Watermelon one is one of my favourites so I'd definitely recommend picking it up!
    Sami Beauty Aesthetic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i may have too on my next shopping trip. It looks so beautiful.
      x

      Delete
  3. I agree, the Gelly Paints are hit and miss!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    Follow @ bloglovin: http://goo.gl/VYmLfM
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see so many raves about some shades that are just a little meh to me. Although some of them are petty amazing (hello Lychee you pretty pretty polish).
      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...