Friday 10 January 2014

Hydraluron Moisture Booster Review: Skincare Holy Grail

_DSC0284edit

For a long time I wasn’t that fussed about the hype surrounding Hydraluron, a product which caters to those with dehydrated skin. I have slightly oily skin so in my mind it wasn't moisture I needed. Before i go into that though, let me tell you about my skin struggles. I’m going to write a more in depth post about my skin history and what products I use to combat it soon, so here’s just a basic outline. I’ve battled with acne since my teenage years. It’s never been bad by any means, but it’s been constant. Sure i have good skin moments and bad skin moments, but its never been completely clear. With scarring on top of that, as a young teenager it really knocked my confidence and I spent years covering it up every single day, even around my family. It’s only since I hit my 20s that I’m not as bothered showing my bare face. Fast forward to summer 2013 when i jetted off to spend the summer working in Walt Disney World Florida. If you didn’t already know or haven't experienced it before, the weather in Florida is very humid. You can feel the moisture in the air throughout the summer. After a few days I started to notice my skin had nearly instantly started to become clear. In that 10 weeks my skin was the best its ever been since I was a child. Annoying, when I came back to the UK it soon went back to its old ways. My Liz Earle Skin Tonic did have a hand in making it a bit better but it was getting so frustrating. That is until someone mentioned that I might not be giving my skin enough moisture, hence the humidity working wonders for it, which made complete sense.

After spotting Hydraluron with a third off in boots at the beginning of last month, I knew I had to give it a whirl. It claims to increase skin hydration from below the surface due to the Hyaluronic Acid it contains, increasing skin elasticity and reducing roughness. Saying its done wonders for my skin is an understatement. After a month of twice a day use, I can see the miracle its worked. My skin not only feels more plump, soft and hydrated but I also have no blemishes what so ever as I write this post. For someone who has struggled with their skin for 10 years, I feel so elated that this is actually working! I’m under no illusions, it’s still early days but I'm holding out hope. I don't think that this is going to be the end of all problems, I know I’m going to still get the odd blemish but as it stands now this product has a Holy Grail status. At £25 for 30ml it is expensive, but if it keeps my skin looking like it does right now, I wouldn't hesitate on repurchasing. Dare I say it borderlines on life changing for me. My only quip is that it doesn't come in a bigger size.
If you would like to see a “3 month” update on how Hydraluron is working then please let me know! Fingers crossed it keeps up the good work. You can pick this up from boots online and in store. Remember to also keep an eye out for regular offers!

Pros: Worked wondering in clearing and hydrating my skin, sinks into the skin quickly, helps moisturiser sink in better, no fuss “to the point” packaging, No animal derived products are used, a little goes a long way.
Cons: Expensive, only comes in a 30ml tube.

Have you ever tried Hydraluron? What's your favourite product containing Hyaluronic Acid?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

2 comments:

  1. Now I want to try this, especially as it sounds like I have similar skin problems - oily [perhaps more combo in winter] and acne issues. Miracles sound right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using this for months and I'm hooked, I love it. Even when I get spots now they're not nearly as red and angry looking as they used to be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...