Saturday 5 January 2013

That’s What She Said: LUSH Emotional Brilliance Liquid Lipstick in Drive Review!

Lush Cosmetics Makeup Beauty Liquid Lipstick Drive Purple

Lush Cosmetics Makeup Beauty Liquid Lipstick Drive

Many of you have probably heard of LUSH’s makeup range when it skipped onto the scene last July, and like most people I was dying to try it. I finally got the chance when bits were on sale this Boxing Day! My favourite lippy colour being purple, Drive went straight into the basket. Why have I not tried anything sooner? The price. Sure I heard good things about the range, but I am not going to pay £14.50 for something which isn’t luxury/designer. So I waited, hoping a sale would come. Obviously, it did!

Firstly, the packaging. Ain’t it cute! The little bottle and tag reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, but unfortunately makes it not very practical. Nice on the dressing table but there is still going to be tonnes of product left in there when it’s life seemingly comes to an end, unreachable and wasted. Secondly, the smell. This thing smells horrid. To some that’s not really a big deal, but I hate when lip products don’t have a nice scent. It’s not overpowering but to be fair, they probably don’t want to add artificial ingredients just for smell.

Lush Cosmetics Makeup Beauty Liquid Lipstick Drive Purple Swatch

Lush Cosmetics Makeup Beauty Liquid Lipstick Drive Lip Swatch

As for Drive, it is a cool purple with blue & pink sparkle. Pretty original for something found on the high-street and my kind of colour! The application is average, not needing much blotting and re-application but I advise to moisturise the lips beforehand as this can cling to dry bits. You can have the colour as translucent or opaque as you like depending on how much product you apply and it does go on pretty evenly with no streakiness, being a matte finish. On me I would say the wear time is a couple of hours, pretty mediocre and I don’t get it transferring onto anything (a teacup, a glass, the boyfriend haha) which is definitely a bonus.

Overall, I am really not too impressed. The price is way too high for a product which isn't overly amazing. The idea behind the collection is pretty cool, I'm just not going to spend the money testing out the concept. OCC lip tars are much better value for money and I’d much rather recommend them. Sorry LUSH, but this ones a miss for me.

Have you tried anything from the Emotional Brilliance range?

xox

9 comments:

  1. I'm quite glad I didn't buy one of these for myself, I was also thinking about giving one away when I've hit 500 followers, thank god I read this! Shame because it's such a nice and unique colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely colour, and if it was cheaper i'd probably reccomend it. Just the price is stupid for an average product!
      xox

      Delete
  2. The colours look nice, but I agree, way too expensive! Not sure on the formula either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula does feel a little weird applying it! I think i'll stick with my occ lip tars =p
      xox

      Delete
  3. This shade is stunning, im not sure i'd be brave enough to wear it though. I have to admit i think they're too expensive as well, but then i didn't except anything less from Lush, as much as i love them all of their products are overpriced!

    Zoe | zozeze.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that! I only ever really buy bath stuff from there as a treat cos of the high prices.
      xox

      Delete
  4. I love the shades of the Lush lipsticks but for me they are just too wet! :( xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shades are rather beautiful! Remind me more of indie brands with the complexity.
      xox

      Delete
  5. I totally agree love the colour but its a bit patchy and tastes bloody horrible!! its just so disappointing

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...