Saturday 5 January 2013

That’s What She Said: Disney Villains Designer Collection Eye-Shadow Palette Review & Swatches!

Disney Villains Designer Collection Eyeshadow Palette Makeup Beaty

Disney Villains Designer Collection Eyeshadow Palette Makeup Beaty 2

Now you guys may or may not know that I am completely obsessed with anything Disney, so much that I’m even spending my summer working in Disney World Florida. It’s just one of those things. Some people have music, some people have TV, I have Disney. When I spotted the Villains Designer Collection in the store a few months ago I literally obsessed over it for weeks, picking up various bits over time until I owned a good portion, mugs, clothing, accessories and makeup. Like many, I disregarded the makeup at first, thinking it would be rubbish quality and not worth the price. How wrong I was.

Each shadow represents one Disney Villain with a black eyeliner thrown in to complete the palette. Now when I first dipped my brush into Mother Gothel and applied it to my lid I gasped. The pigmentation is amazing, a quality which is constant with all six shades. Creamy and buttery with no chalkiness at all, reminding me alot of Urban Decay’s new formulated shadows. The villains colours last ages over a primer! I wore 4 of them a few nights ago while I had abit of a teary eye (my left eye is a pain and sometimes randomly waters) and they stayed put, while my collection eyeliner went bye bye!

Disney Villains Designer Collection Eyeshadow Palette Makeup Beaty Swatches Artificial Light[Artificial Light: L-R: Cruella De Vil, Evil Queen, Maleficent, Mother Gothel, Queen of Hearts, Ursula]Disney Villains Designer Collection Eyeshadow Palette Makeup Beaty Swatches Natural and Flash[Natural Light & Fill Flash: L-R: Cruella De Vil, Evil Queen, Maleficent, Mother Gothel, Queen of Hearts, Ursula]

Forgive my horrid descriptions! I can’t seem to find anything online about these what so ever, so bare with me! Also the swatches don’t do “Queen of Hearts” (or any of the others for that matter) any justice what so ever! The least pigmented is Evil Queen while the most pigmented is probably Mother Gothel. Believe me when I say though, they don’t disappoint and fit together easily to create whole looks.

Cruella De Vil: Black with gold glitter.
Evil Queen: A satin plum with small flecks of burgundy glitter.
Maleficent: Satin metallic moss green with a hint of gold.
Mother Gothel: Satin metallic orange toned pink. Reminds me of Fyrinnae’s Rapunzel has Extensions but more orange toned.
Queen of Hearts: Metallic gold.
Ursula: Metallic silver with a hint of blue.

The packaging is a cardboard material but feels pretty sturdy, hosting a gorgeous design! As for the eyeliner, well, who really needs more black eyeliner swatches/reviews? Especially as you can’t get this on its own anyway.

Overall I am so happy my boyfriend got this for me. It’s literally one of the best palettes I've tried for a while and i can see it making a regular appearance on my blog. This collection is currently on it’s way out and on offer for half price so grab it while you can in Disney Stores worldwide.

What do you think of this eye shadow palette? Do you think they successfully matched the colours to the villains?

xox

6 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that this palette excisted! I want to get it, but I know I wouldn't use those colors that much. I'm more of a pale-shimmery-one-lid-color-girl personally. That's great that you think these shadows are just like UD shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this stuff but those colors look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED IT! I love it so much! God it's gorgeous. Your swatches are absolutely beautiful. Do you know how much it was?
    following you now, lovelovelove your blog! so happy I found you! x

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was around £9 on sale I believe!
      & thanks so much <3
      xox

      Delete
  4. I so much like all the shades of eye shadow.Your collection are absolutely beautiful.Florida Villa Rental

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is soooo pretty! I can't believe I missed out on this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...