Sunday 9 March 2014

The Black Widow

geisha wigs winter goth ootd
Dress: Primark
Necklace: Matalan
Makeup: Can be seen here! 

Wig: Black Widow by Geisha Wigs
 
Since my pre-teens I’ve had a more alternative look, from bright hair colours, a gothic dress style and darker makeup. More recently I’ve been looking a lot more natural, through having my own hair colour while working for Disney and dressing in clothing which is appropriate to my teaching position. I’ve been itching to dye my hair over the past few weeks, but i also really want to keep it healthy and grow it very long. Enter Geisha Wigs. I discovered this store through reading Amii’s reviews, her praising them most highly. After debating what style to get, I took the plunge and ordered Black Widow. I had black hair for many years during my teens, and have always have temptations to go back so played it safe for my first wig experience. I’m not going to lie, delivery took a long time. My wig was out of stock when I bought it so it had to be ordered in ( the process of which is clearly outlined on the website). I placed my order on January 22nd but after a month I still hadn't received anything. After a few emails it turns out that batch was stuck at customs, and I did finally receive Black Widow about 5 weeks after ordering. One thing I would like to point out, is that a quick email saying my order had been delayed would have been nice. Not everyone would check facebook/twitter for status updates. Other than that, I am very pleased with the service and do understand that things can take a little bit longer with indie businesses.
 
The wig itself arrived neatly packaged and bundled up so as not to tangle the hairs. Having never used a wig before, i wasn't really sure what to expect from it. It doesn't feel like real hair, but it is still soft and easy to style. It is also a little shinier than real hair with the top section taking a little more time for me to make it look somewhat real. The reactions I have had to this has been mixed. Some have asked me if it is a wig while others thought I had dyed my hair. I guess it depends on environmental conditions! I would personally have no problem wearing Black Widow out of the house, especially accompanied by a hat as there would then be less of a chance of the root bits going astray. Overall I’m very happy with my first wig experience and will be 100% purchasing more to experiment with in the future (particularly with some planned cosplays coming up).

TPhoto_00027TPhoto_00020TPhoto_00016TPhoto_00018

Have you ever used a wig before?

xox

2 comments:

  1. You look so gorgeous dark-haired! I am so jealous that you're so versatile; one of the things on my wishlist is to go auburn, but I doubt it'd go down as well as I hope it will :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing with dark hair! Gorgeous make-up too!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...