Monday 17 March 2014

The Avengers: Captain America Inspired Makeup Look

captain america inspired makeup look
When having a rather in depth conversation about The Avengers with my Disney-Besties (ICP room-mates) the other week, which lead to us deciding to cosplay them for October MCM Expo, I got inspired to do a mini-series based on everybody's favourite superheroes (who needs DC anyway, right?) This look is different to anything I've ever done before, but i wanted to practice with shape as I tend to stick to the same colour placement. It is inspired by super solider Steve Rodgers, aka Captain America, more so based around his shield rather than the costume.

red and white cut crease 3
red and white cut crease
For the look I just kind of went with it, wanting to try something new and ended up with a winged out cut crease. I started buy using NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk all over the lid with Sugarpill Tako patted on top. Next I drew on the basic shape with Sugarpill Love +, with the top line being blended upwards. After applying Tako to the bottom lash line and adding/blending the red (Love+) some more, I used Sugarpill Royal Sugar on the lashes by combining mixing medium with the pigment the applying to the lashes with a spooly brush.

Products:
UDPP, NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil Milk, Sugarpill Tako, Sugarpill Love+, Sugarpill Royal Sugar, Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero (upper waterline), Anastasia Brow Whiz in Ash Blonde.

This isn't going to be a “regular” series as such, but I just thought it would be fun to do a look every now and again.
Who is your favourite Avenger? Who would you like to see next in the series?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is gorgeous! I love how the red, white and blue are so easily yet beautifully combined. Especially love the blue lashes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The shape is stunning, and the colours are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...