Wednesday 16 April 2014

Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara Review

urban decay supercurling mascara review 2

urban decay supercurling mascara review 3

urban decay supercurling mascara 3

I swear I always seem to have a constant supply of mascara minis, as soon as one finishes there is another to take its place. This does mean I try a lot of different ones and can easily identify what I love in a mascara. One such gem is the Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara* which I received in an event goodie bag last year but have only just gotten around to trying. I had never heard anything about this product previously, heck I’d never even paid attention to Urban Decay mascaras. After cracking it out a few weeks ago I’ve worn nothing else. The packaging is sleek and fits in with Urban Decay’s signature style while the wand itself is curved to aid with application. I’ve found the formula is more on the wet side although not overly so that the lashes stick together in a clumpy mess and the added Shea Butter keeps lashes in great condition. Additionally, it really holds a curl well while not feeling too heavy. One of the main benefits of this mascara, along with its lengthening abilities, is that it does not move at all. I’ve worn this for 12 hours without it smudging or flaking off, the former of which I did experience with one of my other favourite mascaras Benefit They’re Real. It doesn't add as much volume as They’re Real, but i prefer more length as my lashes are pathetically short. At £15 it isn’t the cheapest, falling into the higher end category but personally mascaras last me 6 months as I don't add a tonne of coats, so I would rather invest in a Leaping Bunny approved product that I know works for me.

Pros: Lengthens, doesn't clump lashes together, doesn’t smudge at all, holds a curl, sleek packaging, cruelty free.
Cons: Expensive.

I must apologise for my messy application in the above picture. I had just taken off a bright makeup look and slapped this on quickly, as I was about to film a video. Oops! You can pick this up from Debenhams online and in store. Have you ever tried an Urban Decay Mascara?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

*Product provided in an event goodie bag

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...