Wednesday 30 April 2014

Sephora and Space NK Haul ft. Tarte & NARS.

tarte sephora haul beauty blog

After running out of my Illamasqua Skin Base last week I decided that I wanted to try something new before I head out to sea for 6 months (see my cruise ship announcement post). In particular, I was looking for something with spf in as I am going to be in the Mediterranean/Caribbean and my skin burns super easily. Anyway, this lead to me filling up a basket on the Sephora website, who now ship to the UK as you probably have already heard. After a few days of adding and subtracting various products from my basket, I ended up deciding on a few Tarte bits, as their new stockist in the UK, QVC, annoyingly don’t stock the lightest foundation shades. Additionally, I also made a cheeky Space NK order of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (£22) in shade Chantilly, as I’ve been wanting to try it out for quite a while. The colour is a perfect match and although I’ve only used it a handful of times, I'm completely in love with it. Hello new NARS obsession.

Anyway, onto the Sephora purchases. Firstly, I picked up the Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation (£24 minus tax) in shade Ivory. I’ve heard a lot of good things about this foundation and although I have a feeling it will be a bit too dark for me, I can always lighten it up with a smidge of white foundation. As I am also I need of a new Primer, I picked up the BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer (£21.50 minus tax) in shade fair. As this is tinted I don't think I will be using it under a full coverage foundation, but it’s perfect for under a lighter coverage one. From what I’ve used of it so far it’s evened out the texture and colour of my skin, leaving it so smooth. I can probably even get away with using this just on its own with a bit of concealer to be honest. The added SPF 30 was one of the main reason I decided on this product and I know I will be getting a tonne of use out of it when I’m on the cruise ship. Finally, I couldn't resist the hype of the Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation (£22.75 minus tax) in shade Fair Honey and the Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush (£16.50 minus tax). I’ve never used mineral foundation before and was really curious to what its about. Stay tuned for my thoughts on this in the next few weeks.

Want to know the best part about all of these purchases? Tarte and NARS are both cruelty free! All together I did spend quite a chunk of money as taxes were an additional £18.56 plus £10 shipping (which does include import taxes thankfully), but seeing as I haven’t splurged on makeup in quite a while I wanted a little treat. Let’s hope all the products end up being worth it.

What are your Sephora picks? Have any of you UK lovelies made an order yet? What is on your Sephora wish list?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...