Monday 28 April 2014

The Travelling Makeup Bag

travel makeup bag london 2014

I am one of those girls who, more often than not, finds it difficult to pack light. It’s not uncommon to find me “oooohing” and “ahhhing” over which products to take when packing for a trip, all the while trying to justify bringing along something I wont need. “But i might need this bright yellow eyeshadow from this massive palette in the 2 nights I am away in case I’m inspired by the sunshine”, no Jane, just no. Recently though, I have started to restrict myself to “one of each” not including lipstick, which i permit two of. Today I am going to share with you some of my favourite travelling makeup companions, that I took with me on my trip to London earlier this month.

For my base I threw in an Inglot Primer as I’m determined to finish this off soon, along with my Dior Skin Forever Foundation. It’s really lightweight and lasts the whole day, perfect for a city break while the added SPF is always a bonus. Collection’s Lasting Perfection Concealer pretty much comes everywhere with me anyway, but we all know how amazing it is already right? NARS Laguna Bronzer and NARS Boy’s Don’t Cry Blush adorned my cheeks (I really need to get me some more NARS) while Fyrinnae Loose Powder, an indie gem I’m currently obsessed with, set everything beautifully.

Now I actually forgot to bring one of my staples on this trip, Urban Decay Primer Potion. When i discovered that it wasn't in my makeup bag I had abit of a panic that my eyeshadow would crease and I would look a mess in one of the most fashion conscious cities in the world. But, I actually faired well without it thanks to Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. Never did I think that I could wear eyeshadow without a primer, usually everything creases on me. Urban Decay, you are my saviour. Not only did Naked Basics stop my creasing woes, but it also contains some great versatile neutrals all compiled in a small, travel friendly palette. Did I mention how much I love Urban Decay? For eyeliner, my much loved Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Zero and Collection Felt Tip Liner made the cut, as well as a new discovery in the form of Urban Decay Super Curling Mascara. Additionally, as my eyebrows are non existent I always have to fill them in, for which I am currently using the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde. Finally for lips, I adore the Revlon “chubby pencil” ranges so had to bring along two of my favourites, in a bright colour as well as a more neutral choice.

What are your travel makeup essentials?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...