Tuesday 9 April 2013

Baby Lou Tattoo

jane waring photography beauty copyright

I’ve mentioned a few times here that I am primarily an aspiring Fashion and Beauty Photographer. Before I was into beauty and fashion, photography was my great love. Now recently I have kind of lost my mojo so I want to post more of my work here in an attempt to get some feedback, give myself some exposure and to just share my images with you all.

This was a shoot I did a couple of weeks ago with the amazing Kat Wenham for her friends magazine project (& for a portfolio update for us). Kat used an airbrush to achieve an almost tattooed lace look on the skin. Initial lighting from me was 2 background lights with soft boxes, a fill light on the right hand side with a soft box and a direct main light with a beauty dish. I also used black reflectors in front of the background lights to stop camera flare. The camera I used was a Canon 5D Mark 2 (borrowed from university, I’m primarily a Nikon girl).

jane waring photography beauty copyright gels jane waring photography beauty copyright gels back

After our initial cliché beauty shots I wacked out blue and pink gels to add some colour. I’ve never really experimented with them before so as a first go I'm pretty impressed with the results. Since then I have done another shoot with even more colour, so if you would like to see that please comment and let me know. I love photographing people and I know I have a long way to go, but i am starting to build up a nice little portfolio. The plan for when I finish university is to try and get an assistant position in a magazines photo department or with a photographer. It might not happen, but we shall see!

Photograph by Myself (Jane Waring)
Makeup by Kat Wenham
Direction by Bianca Richards
Model Pip Willis-Braddock

If you want to see more of my work you can check out my work-in-progress website here or like my Facebook page. I'm always looking to work with more people, especially making contacts in London, so feel free to drop me an email at janewaringphoto@hotmail.co.uk!

What do you think of me doing more photography related posts? Would you like to see more in the future? I’d love to hear your feedback. If anyone is wondering, the post title is a song by the Horrorpops!

xox

Ps. These images are copyrighted to myself, Jane Waring. Do not use these images for anything without my permission.

TwitterFacebookYouTubeBlogLovin’TumblrInstagram

2 comments:

  1. Love how the gels worked out, sometimes they can be way too much and this looks lovely! Gorgeous model and great work from the MUA as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love your work <3.

    Greetings from Shirayuki's Beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...