Monday 30 April 2012

That’s What She Said: Victorian Disco Cosmetics House Points Collection!

_DSC0153edit

Hey hey! I have an indie review for you today, I’m really getting into the scene/community at the moment! Victorian Disco are the first of these individualy owned companies I properly tried and ordered from. I was sent some samples back in December when the company launched (see my review here) and I’ve been in love ever since!
I am a promoter for VD, meaning I am sent new products to try every now and again, but this collection I bought with my own money.

_DSC0141edit

The House Points collection contains 4 loose shadows, based around Harry Potter (Duh)! I’m sure it doesn't take a genius to figure out which colour is what.

Godric – A rustic red with a golden sheen, shimmer too!
Helga – Deep dusty gold with a blackish undertone!
Rowena – Bright slate blue with silver sparkles and shimmer!
Salazar – Shamrock green with bright silver shimmer!

_DSC0145edit

_DSC0136edit _DSC0155edit

Each full sized jar contains 2g of product! You can buy a full sized shadow individually for $4.50 or all four for $15! Not bad eh?
Now what I love the most, is the application! Using loose products can be tricky at first, but once you get the hang of them the colour payoff is intense. I’ve swatched these colours both on their own (the left hand swipe) and using a mixing medium (the right hand swipe) so you can see the difference.

_DSC0172edit[L-R: Godric Dry & Wet, Helga Dry & Wet, Rowena Dry & Wet, Salazar Dry & Wet]

It really is amazing what a little bit of mixing medium (or even water) can do. I like being able to run my fingers over a colour and not have any of it rub off, which is what happens when loose shadows are used on their own.
Your can buy Victorian Disco Cosmetics here, I really do recommend checking them out. Their customer service is also second to none! Ashley loves to interact with her customers. My first order ended up getting sent back at customs and she kept me up to date with what was happening every step of the way.

What’s your favourite indie company? Have you tried Victorian Disco? What your favourite product from them?

xox

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get this set. I ordered one for me and one to giveaway :) They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helga and Salazar are really pretty colours!!!! I haven't try the other two :D

    I love Antoinette, Skywalker and Emperor, among other of VC shadows but I can't name all of them ;o)

    I like your swatches :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors and the names!
    xoJessica http://vivalajessi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...