Sunday 8 April 2012

That’s What She Said: Revlon Lip Butters!

Heya m’dears. I know you’ve all probably read a million posts on the Revlon Lip Butters, so I'll keep it short and sweet. A raved about product for months, these lippys hit the UK a few weeks ago much to many peoples delight! About time eh?

_DSC0034edit

Instead of the 20 shades you people in the USA get, we only have 14. A fair amount, but the one i wanted most (Gumdrop) isn’t one of the ones we got! Grrr! No matter, we still have a variety of shades to choose from. I Purchased Cupcake, Lollipop and Raspberry Pie using the current 3 for 2 offer in boots. One of the main annoyances with these is the price of £7.99 each, whereas in the US they are $6. GTFO Revlon.

_DSC0042 edit

[L-R: Raspberry Pie, Lollipop & Cupcake]

The wear time is pretty bad to be honest. These last about an hour, maybe two if I'm lucky. Sure they’re very creamy, moisturising and pigmented, but one of the main things I look for in a lip product is longevity, but these just don't cut it. At the end of the day, these are lipsticks. The darker shades are too pigmented to be a lip balm, which I’m not complaining about.

_DSC0051 edit

[L-R: Raspberry Pie, Lollipop & Cupcake]

I think my favourite shade so far has to be Raspberry Pie. It just looks so pretty and is my most worn. The texture reminds me of the YSL Volupté Perle lipsticks, one of which I reviewed here. Let me know if you would like to see a comparison post =]

_DSC0029 (3)EDITRASBERRYPIE_DSC0030 (3)EDIT_DSC0041 (3)EDITLOLLIPOP

[T-B: Raspberry Pie, Cupcake & Lollipop]

I don’t think I will be buying anymore of these. The wear time coupled with the price just isn’t worth it in my opinion. I’m glad I have them, as I will wear them, it’s just I'd rather try something else next time I buy some lip products.
These can be bought from Boots and Superdrug for £7.99 each.

Have you tried to Revlon Lip Butters? What do you think of them?

xox

8 comments:

  1. Look great, all of them. I have just bought one to try as well, so far so good :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my neck of the US, these are nearly $8. I only have Cherry Tart, and the color is lovely, but its so waxy and drying to me. In fact it chapped my lips horribly! I do love the packaging though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, i've found they're way too slippy on me really. They colours are amazing, but thats not enough! Oh revlon! I really had high hopes for these.
      xox

      Delete
  3. I really love the range of colours and the texture but I agree they just don't last as long as I would want! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raspberry pie is my favourite of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lollipop! YAY! :D Sorry you weren't super impressed, I do agree the color could last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you've gotten this before but I nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger tag/award in my last blog post. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have strawberry shortcake and I love it!

    Just to let you know I'm having a giveaway (click here!), including a Benefit Erase Paste :-)
    xxx
    http://laurenrmilor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/late-100-followers-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...