Sunday 30 December 2012

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in Shade 2

Oh Skin Base. How do I even express how much I love you. Having been using this foundation for over a year now, I thought it was about time I finally gave you all a detailed review. For years I looked for a foundation which was pale enough for my porcelain cool toned skin yet still provided decent coverage & staying power, but for years I failed. That is until Illamasqua’s Skin Base jumped onto the market. Now with 26 shades to suit most skintones, you’d be hard pressed not to find a match. For us pale skinned folks, an easily accessible brilliant quality foundation has rocked our world (or mine at least).

illamasqua skin base foundation shade 2 review beauty makeup pale foundation 2

Sure you can find pale foundations online and in department stores more now days (Dainty Doll, Estee Lauder, YSL), but I just simply can’t justify splashing out when my Illamasqua works a treat. You can check out my friend Katie’s blog for more pale skinned foundation reviews as she's tried so many.
Anyway here’s what the brand say about this beauty!
“Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined formula unlike anything on the UK market. Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage.”

illamasqua skin base foundation shade 2 review beauty makeup pale foundation

Having a medium buildable coverage I find this manages to even out the skintone whilst still looking natural, buffing into the skin beautifully. If you have blemishes you will have to add abit of concealer of course, but any lighter pigmentation shouldn’t be visible. This in combination with my Collection Concealer and Collection Powder gives me such a flawless finish, and I have far from good skin. The staying power is pretty darn amazing too, not caking up at all after a full days wear. The only thing i am disappointed about is a lack of SPF, but living in the UK I guess that's not really a total necessity (although preferred) and makes this perfect for a night out or photo-moments.

illamasqua skin base foundation shade 2 review beauty makeup pale foundation swatch
[L-R: Blob of Product, Swiped Across the Skin, Blended]
A little definitely goes a long way with Skin Base. Since starting to use this in November 2011 I am only on my second bottle, that being about half way through. The first bottle lasted me November – August. Amazing! That is with using it at least 4 times a week.
_DSC0072 (2)[6]
[Light Coverage: No-Flash or editing. You can see my summer freckles aww!]_DSC0248edit[5]
[Built Up Coverage: With Flash and a little skin smoothing editing]
Above I’ve showed you how natural the foundation can look (top image) when used lightly or how you can gain more coverage (bottom image). Even though the second image is edited a little and lighting is different ect, I'm sure you can notice the difference and how less noticeable my freckles are when built up.
I fully recommend you check out Skin Base Foundation as I personally adore it and can’t see myself splashing out for anything else. At £27 you can grab this product online from Debenhams here, the illamasqua website here or instore at independent Illamasqua flagstores or Selfridges.
What do you think of Skin Base? What’s your favourite foundation?
xox

3 comments:

  1. ooh i love the sound of this! it looks lovely on you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't live without Skin Base #2!! I was fearful it wouldn't cover my rosacea (I'd been using Illamasqua Cream Foundation for heavy coverage) but I can build layers of Skin Base without it looking cakey. I love using the UD Naked brush to apply it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really am considering buying Skin Base or even getting my hands on a sample but I think I've found my Holy Grail foundation in CoverFX Total Cover Cream Foundation. It fits me and it looks like skin! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...