Saturday 14 July 2012

First Impressions: Illamasqua Foundation/Concealer Purchases!

Hey lovelies. As some of you may have seen on twitter, my computer broke! Taking with it a few blog posts worth of photos, hence my lack of posting this week. Boo! It’s gone in for repair today so I really hope the images can be salvaged! In the mean time, I have a few Illamasqua goodies which I got in their 60% sale to share with you. This is going to be more of a first impressions post, with more detailed comparisons of all my Illamasqua foundations upcoming.

_DSC0004

One of the main things I love about Illamasqua foundations is that they cater for us pale folks. Their skin base is freaking fantastic! I’ve been wanting to try some of the other face products for a while, so really couldn't resist a sale.

_DSC0011.

Under-Eye Concealer in 105 (White with pink undertones)
I know i know! This is white! It blends amazingly with my skin base foundation in 02 though, making it perfect for my ghost like skin. I expected this to cake up easily for some reason, but it really doesn't! It’s creamy but kind of merges with the skin. Contains 2.5ml of product. RRP £13. On sale for £5.

_DSC0021.

Powder Foundation in 105 (White with pink undertones)
Now I wouldn’t call this product a foundation by any means. I just use it to powder and set my face makeup. What it does do though, is pale down a darker foundation a little. I’ve been using this since I got it and and pretty happy so far. Contains 10g of product. RRP £21.50. On sale for £10.

_DSC0006.

Cream Foundation in 110 (White with pink undertones)
Firstly I don't have a clue why this number is different to the two above, as I guess they are the same shade really (the powder looks the darkest in the pan out of the three). This is the only one I haven't really tried yet though. Swatched it feels and looks lovely, so when I test it out on my face I will update you! Contains 8g of product. RRP £21.50. On sale for £10.

I doubt many of you will get the same shades as I do. I am a pale ginger kid and embrace it to the max! Illamasqua does have a large range of foundation types and colours though, so I totally recommend checking them out! Especially you guys in the UK, as their sale is still on going!
Have you ever tried an Illamasqua foundation?

xox

7 comments:

  1. Is Illamasqua from the UK? I've never heard of them before until now. I'm very intrigue by their packaging, it's so elegant!

    Miss Madd
    http://missmadd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are UK based yes! I adore their packing, by far one of my fave brands!
      xox

      Delete
  2. That explains why I couldn't find it in Sephora, lol! Looks like they're having a really good sale right now. So very tempting. :)

    Miss Madd
    http://missmadd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they have started selling it somewhere in america, im just not sure where though! I'm terrible with sales, really can't resist :')
      xox

      Delete
  3. I'm not out of foundation by a long shot but for £10 I can't not stock up! =P
    The cream foundation is so lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Illamasqua so much! It is one of my favorite brands! Sometimes I just want to go to the UK so I can go to an actual Illamasqua store.
    I really want to try their skin base foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please review soon, I'm thinking of buying these myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...