Thursday 5 July 2012

Bi-Annual Favourites: Makeup!

So this year, instead of doing a monthly favourites, I decided to do Bi-Annual Favourites of the products which have been getting ALOT of use from me over the last 6 months. Now I don't buy a tonne of products anymore. I like to stick with the same thing skin and hair care wise. With makeup, I love to buy it, but recently have hardly worn it. I will wear face makeup maybe 3 times a week, eye makeup more like 3 times a month.

My favourites are going to be split into two separate posts, so it isn't too long. This one is going to be purely about makeup products, the next hair and skin products.

_DSC0025edit

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in Shade 2
The only foundation I have ever found which matches my skin tone! Yey! The finish of this is amazing, and depending on how you apply it, can be a sheer or medium coverage. It’s never made me cakey or greasy and I can always depend on it! A little goes a long way and my 30ml bottle has lasted over 7 months of using this foundation alone.

Urban Decay Naked Palette
Need I say more about this? The ultimate everyday palette with a range of shades to cater for a day time or evening look. My most used shades have to be Virgin (I just hit pan boo!) and Buck. I do have Naked 2, but its just not as good as the original!

NARS Laguna Bronzer
Perfect for contouring. I don’t like to look tan, so that's the only thing i use this for. I have to say though, It will definitely be a repurchase when I run out. It’s not muddy or orange looking, and blends amazingly into my pale skin.

ELF Gotta Glow
This ELF blush is my go too highlighter. Gives a perfect amount of glow without leaving big chunks of glitter on your face.

Benefit Thrrrob Blush
Another product which last lasted through constant use. My boyfriend got me this about a year and a half ago, and its still going strong! Its a perfect cool light pink for pale skin and lasts through the day. A challenge which most blushers fall short of.

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover
A recent purchase but one with an impact. This makes changing nail polish around so much easier. I HATE taking it off with cotton pads, therefore never really wore it. What a change the Bourjois remover made! I can’t wait to take of my chipped polish now in contract to my previous “I’ll do it later” … 3 days later….

ELF Matte Lip Colour in Tea Rose
This colour <3 Seriously, its perfect for my skin tone. The formula is amazing. Moisturising, lasting with great pigmentation for the price. I have another one of these in Coral, but the shade is way too warm for me and looks daft. Hopefully I can pick up a few more shades soon.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush
I’m more of a stipple brush than a buffing brush girl, but the short hairs on the RT stippling brush give me the best of both worlds! It’s not too dense, so it doesn't eat the foundation, but perfectly buffs product into my skin. I’m going to pick up some more Real Techniques brushes soon, so i hope I'm as pleased with them as i am with this one.

ELF Eye Crease Brush
A perfect brush for adding a darker colour to the crease/outer corner. I will use a blending brush to add a medium colour to the crease, then this one to add some depth with a darker shade. Plus its cheap as chips!

Sigma E45 Small Tapered Blending Brush
I know sigma are a pain to get hold of in the UK, but I’m really glad I got this brush! It’s my go too for a neutral eye, namely adding a brown medium shade to my crease area. It’s a little bit scratchy, but it does the job perfectly. I really love the feel of the handle as well!

What have been your favourite makeup products over the past half a year? Any old favourites or new treats?

xox

3 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a stippling brush, I like the look of this RT one so may have to purchase!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The RT brush is one that is on my wishlist! My favourites just now are my Avon ideal flawless foundation - its the best foundation I've tried so far! - and my maybelline gel liner. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...