Saturday 25 February 2012

The Makeup Files: Storage!

Hello lovelies! Here's part 2 of “The Makeup Files”! This post is just going to show you where I keep most of my makeup/brushes. Its pretty screw-de-whizz to be honest, but it will do for now as I'm only in this room until June.

_DSC0009edit _DSC0006edit

T-B, L-R:
Draw One - Misc Samples.
Draw Two - Eye Primers.
Draw Three - Eyebrow Products.
Draw Four – Foundation, Concealers, Face Primers, Powders.
Draw Five – Blushers, Bronzers, Highlighters, Tints.
Draw Six - Favourite Eyeshadow Palettes, Sugarpill Eyeshadows, Indie Eyeshadows, Glitters, Mixing Mediums, Glitter Glue.

These Multi-Drawers I got from WHS about a month ago for £12.99 I believe. I really love these for storage, as they’re spacey but pretty, letting me sort my products into sections.
On top of these I keep most of my brushes, in this little 3 section holder I got from TK Maxx. I keep face brushes in the back larger section, eye brushes on the left and eye brushes I have used on the right.

_DSC0001edit

_DSC0002edit _DSC0004edit

Next too the Multi Drawers are some plastic ones I got from ASDA last year for £3 below a vanity case I’ve had forever, which has my nail polish in.

[T-B]
Draw One – Small Palettes, Gel Eyeliners, Single Eyeshadows.
Draw Two – Lipsticks, Lip Tars.
Draw Three – Lipglosses, Lip Liners, Lip Balms.
Draw Four – Eyelashes, Eyelash Glue.
Draw Five – Misc, Cotton Buds ect.

Sure its not the prettiest, but It works for now until I find something more permanent after university.

_DSC0012edit
_DSC0011edit

I have a chest of drawers on the other side of my room where I keep random bits such as my Kabuki’s, Sigma Brushes, Perfume, Lotions and Potions I’m currently using, Eyeliners ect.

_DSC0016edit

My eyeliners and mascaras are kept in this stationary holder I got from TK Maxx, a light blue colour to match my bedding and rug. I’m probably going to have to find an alternative place for these, as its a pain going backwards and forwards to grab what I want to use, and also they’re overflowing haha!

_DSC0017edit

Lastly, a drawer is dedicated to random bits and bobs. Beauty Boxes full of samples, makeup bags, brushes and palettes I never use, false nails, some skincare items to name a few. I don't really use this drawer to be honest, so its just there for things I don't have a proper place for.
There's more of my makeup I have left at my parents house, mostly Urban Decay Palettes as I don't like to take too much home when I travel, so they’re there so most of my eye shadows can stay here during holidays.

So, there it is! How I store my makeup when I’m at uni! I love seeing storage posts, so thought I would give you all an insight to mine.
Let me know how you store your makeup in the comments and if you have any ideas for how I can improve my own feel free to let me know!
And remember you can read part one of The Makeup Files Here!

xox

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, I am nosey and love seeing these type of post/videos hehe. I like to see what goodies everyone has that I might need :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from australia! New follower here!! lot's of goodies there!! wish i was as organised as you are. if you have time please come visit my blog @ The Ugly Moments! looking forward to more post!

    kerker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have some great organizer drawers. I think you are way more organized than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great storage! I so need to get more organised!

    I have a giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out, it includes a MAC lippy...

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...