Tuesday 7 February 2012

FOTD: Anti-Valentines

Hai! So this is my first challenge for the “Never too much Sparkle” Facebook page! The idea is, that every week there is a new theme which people create looks for, which are then all displayed upon completion. This week theme is “Valentines Galore – Pro or Anti-Valentines”.
I chose to do an Anti-Valentines look, as its something I've never really been too fussed about, nor have ever celebrated.

_DSC0060

I opted for a bright, bold look using bright pinks to oppose the light pastel shades I always imagine Valentines Day to be associated with. Of course, now having glitter glue, I couldn't resist adding some of Victorian Disco’s ACR!
Ignore the fail half “wet” red shadow on the bottom haha! I seem to have forgotten half of it =/ Also the band on those lashes are really visible in images! Not so much in real life.

_DSC0101
_DSC0093

Face
Inglot Under Makeup Base, Illamasqua Skin Base in 02, Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NC15, MAC Mineralized Skin finish Natural in Light, Nars Laguna, Benefit Thrrob, ELF Gotta Glow.

Eyes
UDPP, MAC Paintpot in Blackground, Sugarpill Asylum, Sugarpill Dollipop, Sugarpill Tako, Urban Decay Creep, Victorian Disco ACR Glitter, Ben Nye Glitter Glue, Graftobian Mixing Medium, Rimel Exaggerate, Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Matte Black, BarryM White Pencil Eyeliner, Makeup Forever Smoky Lash, HD Brow Ki in Foxy, MUA Eyeshadow Shade 2, ELF Natural Lash Kit.

Lips
OCC Lip Tar in Anime.

_DSC0115 _DSC0117

As always, me trying to take a serious picture never ends up working.

Have you got anything special planned for Valentines day? What is your favourite look for the day?

xox

9 comments:

  1. so pretty! I am thinking about getting involved in the never too much sparkle page too, sounds like a lot of fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is ^^ A little community of great girlies all helping to inspire each other. I hope these challenges are going to help my experiment more with looks! <3

      Delete
  2. You were right. I need glitter. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look!

    i dunno what i have planned this year, me and my bloke kinda might just get a early night and sleep lmao. when you have kids and expecially a hyper active 4 year old and 4 month old sleep is the one desire but might try to add some spark into the evening lol

    i tend to hate soft pinks and pastals and go with WOW in your face colours hehe

    following you sweety, would you mind checking out my blog and following back? i always read entries and nine times out of ten comment ^_^

    http://shimmerglitzandglam.blogspot.com
    youtube - youtube.com/ShimmerGlitzAndGlam
    Twitter @ShimmerGlitzglm

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i actually LOVE LOVE LOVE this look..
    u look AWESOME!
    absolutely loving reading ur posts.. great makeup ideas that im tempted to steal from u tehehe xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...