Friday 7 February 2014

Main Street USA: Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Inspired Makeup Series

main street usa makeup look disney magic kingdom walt disney world florida

To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Today is the start of a new series, a collaboration with Sam from Sam-I-Am Style, in which we shall be creating makeup looks inspired by each of the lands in one of my favourite places on earth, The Magic Kingdom. You can expect to see a new look up every Friday and what better way to begin, than Main Street USA. This is one of my absolute favourite places to be in the whole of Walt Disney World (and to work)! Main Street is designed to resemble an early-20th-century small-town America, inspired by Walt Disney's childhood and acts as the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. It has prime viewing for the Electric Light Parade and night-time spectacular Wishes, while hosting delights such as the Dapper Dans and the Main Street Philharmonic. Most importantly, who can forget the feeling of walking down Main Street and seeing Cinderella’s Castle for the first time? For my makeup look, I tried to incorporate the American colours with the small-town feeling, creating something simple yet bold.

main street usa makeup look disney magic kingdom

main street usa makeup look disney magic kingdom2

main street usa makeup look disney magic kingdom3

main street usa makeup look disney magic kingdom walt disney world

As you can see I used Sugarpill’s Royal Sugar and Asylum pigments wet to create a winged linger effect while on the rest of the lid and lower lash line I used Sugarpill Tako and a white Inglot shimmer. For the lips I used one of the MUA Velvet Lacquers which are fast becoming my favourite for a bold lip. Overall I created a bright yet wearable look which I believe successfully reflects the hustle and bustle yet quaint atmosphere of Main Street USA.

Face:
Inglot Primer, Illamasqua Skin Base 02, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair, Fyrinnae Pressed Powder, NARS Laguna Bronzer, Hard Candy blush in Living Doll.

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance, NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, Sugarpill Tako, Inglot AMC Shine 35, Sugarpill Royal Sugar, Sugarpill Asylum, Urban Decay Pencil Eyeliner in Zero, Benefit They’re Real Mascara, Anastasia Brow Whiz in Ash Blonde.

Lips:
MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in Reckless.

Make sure you pop back next Friday to see an Adventureland inspired look. You can also check out Sam’s main street look here!
Have you ever been to Walt Disney World? What is your favourite land in Magic Kingdom?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo adorable! I love Magic Kingdom, I've been on several vacations with my family through my childhood. However when I think of Main Street, all I can think of is the night the park was closing and we'd spent all day there; my little sister who was probably about 7 at the time got so tired she couldn't walk any more so it fell to me to piggyback her all the way out of the park and to the car, lol. My feet were soooooo sore :(
    I love your look, the double liner is amazing! Can't wait to see the rest of the series! :3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...