Friday 21 February 2014

Frontierland: Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Inspired Makeup Series

walt disney world frontierland inspired makeup thunder mountain

How do you do? Mighty pleasant greetin'… How do you do? Say it when you're meetin'…
I couldn’t resist abit of the Splash Mountain music in there. Anyway, this weeks look is based off Frontierland which is home to two of my favourite rides in the whole of Disney World, Splash and Thunder Mountains. I remember being terrified of the drop in splash when I went with my family back in 2001 and refused to go on it. I’m a wuss when it come to “big rides” but surprisingly I found myself going on nearly everything this summer…except Tower of Terror…that's going abit too far haha. I would never normally be partial to the whole “Wild West” atmosphere but Frontierland brings back so many amazing memories that I cant help but love it. Watching the 11pm ELP outside Country Bear Jamboree, Turkey Legs in Training (those pesky birds that are always on the prowl!) and it’s also the place i worked my first ever shift! I chose to base this look around Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, a mine train rollercoaster that hurtles through caves and flies around bends.

walt disney world frontierland inspired makeup

frontierland inspired makeup walt disney world2

frontierland inspired makeup walt disney world3

walt disney world frontierland inspired makeup2

I wanted to use more neutral shades on the lid with a pop of gold to reflect that gold mine theming of Thunder Mountain. Using my Naked Basics Palette I applied Venus on the lid and up to the brow bone, adding Naked 2 to the crease then Faint to deepen the colour. Next i darkened the outer corner with Darkhorse from Naked 1 before using Sugarpill’s Goldilux wet to create a winged liner effect. After applying mascara and eyeliner, I put a bit more Goldilux onto the lashes for a flash of gold. These images haven’t really done the look much justice if I'm honest, as the browns were more noticeable/darker in person.

Face:
Inglot Primer, Illamasqua Skin Base 02, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair, Fyrinnae Pressed Powder, NARS Laguna Bronzer, NARS Blush in Boys Don’t Cry.

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Urban Decay Naked Basics (Venus, Naked 2, Faint), Urban Decay Naked Palette (Darkhorse), Sugarpill Goldilux, Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Zero, Barry M White Khol Liner, Benefit They’re Real, HD Brow Kit in Foxy.

Lips
MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in Reckless.

What is your favourite ride in Frontierland?
Remember to go and check out Sam’s look here!
I have also made a video tutorial on this look which should be up soon on my channel so keep your eyes peeled!

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

3 comments:

  1. I love this, Frontierland was my favourite land I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all...I love this look! Very pretty! And while I've never been to Disney World I've been to Disneyland countless times and can't get enough of it. Hubby and I are moving back to California in a few months (only 4 hours from Disneyland) and I can't wait to go back. Thunder Mountain is one of my all-time favorite rides (and Tower of Terror sucks so be glad you didn't go on it). :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...