Monday 14 October 2013

Kat Von D Ladybird True Romance Eyeshadow Palette Review

_DSC0019edit

_DSC0018edit

kat von d ladybird palette

I’ve always been intrigued by the Kat Von D makeup range, seeing it pop up in American blogger’s posts, so was set on picking up something this summer. I opted for an eyeshadow palette with an unusual array of matte neutrals. I don’t have anything quite like this in terms of colour selection. The palette learns more to the warmer side, the shades being perfect for autumn. I love me some mattes and these don’t disappoint. The texture is buttery, so much that when i swatched in store I had an “are these cream?” moment. They blend beautifully, which can often be an issue with some mattes. No patchiness over here!

The autograph pencil is another lovely product. It glides on without tugging at the lid and lasts a long time without smudging which is personally a necessity for pencil liners. The colour is not one I would wear too often, but a girl can never have too many eyeliners right?

kat von d ladybird palette true romance swatches

The only thing I'm not really too fond of are the names of each eyeshadow. I don't know why, they just make me cringe a little bit. My favourite shade of the bunch has to be Tur Elise. I’ve been wearing it in the crease constantly over the past 2 months coupled with Vespertine on the lid and Harlow to blend out.

Pros: Pigmented, Blendable, Cruelty Free, Cute Packaging, Bonus Eyeliner.
Cons: Not easily available in the UK.

You can pick this up for $36 in Sephora.
What’s your favourite product from the Kat Von D makeup range? What would you like to try from the brand?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

2 comments:

  1. I've been a massive fan of Kat Von D for ages now and never knew she had a makeup range! I'm of to Paris in January so will definitely be making a stop at Sephora! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this palette, I wish we had Kat Von D in Spain <3.

    Greetings from Shirayuki's Beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...