Sunday 27 October 2013

Beautifully Disney L’Amour Mauve Eyeshadow Palette Review

beautifully disney eyeshadow palette l'amour mauve review 2

beautifully disney eyeshadow palette l'amour mauve review

I have quite a bit of Disney makeup which has yet to be shown here, so each week I’m now going to have a dedicated Disney day where I review a piece or create a Disney makeup look! Just another way to fuel my obsession. I’ve been pretty busy with my teaching degree these past few months but half term has arrived. Incoming lots of post scheduling.

Luckily I managed to pick this up for 75% off in cast connections back when I worked for Walt Disney World as the outer packaging was a little bit battered. It is part of the Unlock the Spell collection which is inspired around Tiana, Belle and Rapunzel. I’m always pleasantly surprised by Walt Disney Company makeup. I never expect it to be as high quality as it is. The packaging reminds me of Sugarpill and is decorated with silhouettes of the three princesses. The shadows themselves are very soft, possibly too soft as I’ve heard of some shattering during shipping. This isn't really something you would want to risk travel with. The colours are beautifully pigmented though and blend easily, being complimentary to each other. Looks can definitely be created just by using this palette on its own. I really enjoy using these beauties, they can be used for a more “work appropriate” daytime look as well as a more dramatic evening look. I personally have been using #1 on the lid and brow bone while using #2 and #3 to define/blend out in the crease.

beautifully disney eyeshadow palette l'amour mauve review swatches

The only downside is this is currently only available at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and the US Disney Store Website. The previous collection has popped up on the UK Disney Store website though so I’m going to keep my eyes peeled in future.

Pros: Cute packaging, Soft, Blendable, Pigmented, Complimentary to each other.
Cons: Availability, Shadows aren’t named, Maybe a little too soft.

You can pick this up for $27.95 on the Disney Store Website.
Have you tried any of the Beautifully Disney range? What's your favourite piece?

xox

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...