Friday 4 October 2013

Benefit They’re Real Mascara Review

benefit they're real mascara review 2

benefit they're real mascara review brush

benefit theyre real mascara review swatch

I’ve never really been one to regularly buy high end mascaras. Drugstore picks have always done me fine even though my lashes generally need the most help! Maybe it’s just the cheapskate in me but over £10 for a mascara has always seemed way too much. Of course I'm never one to ignore a good deal or a freebie, so when last June’s Glamour magazine had a free sample of They’re Real, I practically ran to my nearest shop. I have tried a Benefit mascara before in the form of BADgal Lash, a present for Christmas back in 2010 when I first got into makeup properly. It never really did anything for me, the brush being too thick and the product smudging around my eyes. Seeing the great reviews for They’re Real, I had much higher hopes.

The brush is plastic and perfect for those of us with shorter lashes. The fine bristles coat every lash while the ball end can get those harder to reach areas. The formula is nice, having a long wear time while applying evenly and not flaking at all. The only problem I've had is that sometimes (and i do mean only sometimes) it can transfer onto my brow bone during the day. I reach for this above all other mascaras as it really does an amazing job in giving my lashes length and volume. The only issue really is price. This thing is rather expensive.

Pros: Lengthens, Volumizes, Easy to remove with no flaking, Holds a curl.
Cons: Can sometimes smudge onto my brow bone, Expensive.

Luckily I managed to grab another They’re Real sample in Sephora as part of their beauty insider birthday gift scheme so haven’t had to repurchase yet. Whether I do or not will depend on money (things are quite tight at the moment). If that wasn’t an issue, or I could actually bring myself to blow 20 quid on a mascara, i would snap this back up in a jiffy. You can pick this up from Boots or any department store benefit counter for a whopping £19.50.

What do you think of They’re Real? What’s your favourite mascara?

xox

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review! Honestly, I don't think They're Real is worth the full-sized price at the moment. I have a drugstore (Maybelline) mascara that's really hitting all the marks for me so I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think its worth the price either to be honest. If i had the money to blow it would be a different story as this really is amazing for my lashes, but I cant justify the full price.
      xox

      Delete
  2. Boots do a pack of a full sized and a mini for £20, not sure if I believe the hype about it though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this mascara so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lashes look amazing in the bottom photo! Unfortunately this just didn't work for me :( x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since using this macara, people have often asked if i have had eyelash extensions done. I love it and it has now become my everyday mascara

    purealexlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...