Sunday 3 February 2013

That’s What She Said: Makeup Geek Eye-Shadows!

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Review Z-Palette

Having been a fan of Marlena, aka Makeup Geek for quite a while I was dying to try the makeup range she brought out last year. I’m not a person who impulse buys though, and I’m pretty good at resisting beauty products if i don't need them. As it so happens the lovely Jessica was selling some of the eye shadows as she found out she was allergic to one of the ingredients. I jumped at the chance to own them, and here we are! I got twelve shadows in a variety of colours that come in a sturdy Z-Palette. I’ve become more partial to a pan format recently and have been tempted to depot my single shadows into Z-Palettes, so this was a great way for me to see how I liked this kind of organization.

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Review Z-Palette Colours[L-R, T-B, Ice Queen, Beaches & Cream, Glamorous, Unicorn, Duchess, Corrupt, Mandarine, Pixie Dust, Appletini, Mermaid, Poolside, Neptune]

Being compared to MAC but a fraction of the price, these MUG shadows are everything I hoped. Pigmented, smooth and long lasting with a whole rainbow of colours to choose from. With lots of different finishes there's something for every occasion.

Ice Queen: Frosty shimmery white.
Beaches & Cream: Creamy Matte Natural Beige with Just A Hint of Peach.
Glamorous: Shimmery bronze gold.
Unicorn: Shimmery Blue Purple.
Duchess: Matte cool purple.
Corrupt: Intense matte black with a very subtle sparkle.
Mandarine: Bright orange with flecks of gold.
Pixie Dust: Shimmery Lime green.
Appletini: Shimmery Apple green with flecks of gold.
Mermaid: Metallic teal with reflects gold.
Poolside: Bright shimmery teal with specks of gold.
Neptune: Matte bright blue.

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Review Z-Palette Colours swatches 2[L-R, Ice Queen, Beaches & Cream, Glamorous, Unicorn, Duchess, Corrupt]Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Review Z-Palette Colours swatches[L-R, Mandarine, Pixie Dust, Appletini, Mermaid, Poolside, Neptune]

At only $5.99 each the quality is amazing, I can’t believe I never caved for these earlier. I am 100% going to be picking up more in the future as I can see this becoming my “travel palette” as sometimes I find myself without colours when I want to do a bright look.

You can buy Makeup Geek Eye Shadows here, with 56 colours to choose from. You can find a look I’ve done with Glamorous here.

Have you ever tried the Makeup Geek range? What do you think of them?

xox

4 comments:

  1. These are stunning! Poolside and Neptune are definitely my favourites!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog


    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these shades are gorgeous, love glamorous :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg... omg want. I love corrupt, appletini and mandarine! I just love them all! These are so beautiful. I love how much space there is in the palette. Definitely on my wishlist :) thank you so much for sharing this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im usually not a brights on the eyes kind of gal (rather do a bold lip) but these ones are stunning..hmm may need to leave my comfort zone:) x

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...