Monday 16 January 2012

Sugarpill Chromalust: Review and Swatches!

Hai! So as most of you will have clocked on from my  last FOTD and mentions in previous posts, I got some Sugarpill goodies on Black Friday! Now i’ve always been interested in Sugarpill, but since trying my friends shadows a few months ago I knew i had to get my hands on some of the products for definite.
Luckily the brand had 30% off for their black Friday sale, convincing me to place an order straight away, consisting of 4 chromalust loose shadows and a palette.

_DSC0048edit

In this post I'm going to show you the loose shadows, ands tell you about how I've fallen in love with them. Before these, I had never really played around with loose products before, always sticking to pressed. Oh how I have been converted. The pigmentation is so much better in loose pigments, showing up brighter, bolder and just damn prettier. I'm still a newbie at applying shades wet, and using loose shadows, but I’m going to take you along with me on my journey in the next few months!

_DSC0017edit _DSC0020edit

The 4 colours I got were Hysteric, Asylum, Junebug and Goldilux (L-R, T-B). I freakin’ love the packaging. Seriously, how adorable? Its original whilest the actual containers are sturdy and practical, I highly doubt these would break if dropped or knocked.

_DSC0041edit

Goldilux and Hysteric each contain 5g of product, Asylum 5.5g and Junebug 6.5g. The shadows apply so smooth and seriously blend amazingly. See my post here showing Goldilux blended with a pressed shadow.

_DSC0012edit
_DSC0002edit[L-R: Junebug, Goldilux, Hysteric & Asylum – Swatched Wet using MAC Fix+]

Look at that colour payoff. I thought Urban Decay eye-shadows were bright, well move aside UD, Sugarpill has kicked you off your pedestal in my books. These will seriously last all day over a primer (not tried them without) without budging one little bit.
Another great thing? Each of the Chromalust’s are only $12! Think of what your getting for that amazing price. I 100% recommend these and personally will be picking up the whole collection after IMATS this February.

Sugarpill can be purchased from here with free world wide shipping for orders over $75!
Have you ever tried Sugarpill? What is your favourite colour from their range?

xox

6 comments:

  1. Asylum looks absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!

    following!

    please follow back!!!

    http://www.jessamup.blogspot.com

    love the sparkles in this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are so pigmented! :) Beautiful colors and great review :) Following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving ur blog girl! I nominated u for an award! come check out my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these shades are really great. I like golden shade very much. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...