Friday 4 November 2011

October Favourites

This is a few days later than planned, but I’ve been a little busy in the past week, getting two deadlines all done! Uni is going really well this year, I have tonnes of ideas and inspiration, and really hope that my hard work is going to pay off!
In other news I'm going home on the 12th for 9 days! It’s my sisters 18th so I shall be definitely posting about my outfit and makeup, plus my sisters makeup as I'm highly likely doing to be doing hers ^_^
Anyway, here's what I've been loving this month!

LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter

_DSC0012edit

As I've said in the past, my nails are in horrid condition! They bend, sometimes flake and never grow long. I’ve only really used one polish this month (see later items), and when I'm not wearing it this will be coated on my nails and nail beds. Only the tiniest bit is needed so this is guaranteed to last for a long time. Since using this, I've noticed a big difference. This morning I had to clip down my nails! I never do that! There's also been no more flaking or broken skin at the nail bed as well. For £5.95, every girl should have this.

L’Occitane Hand Cream

_DSC0001edit

Another hand product! My hands have ben in a sorry state this October. Dry is an understatement! I’ve been in the market for a new hand cream, and saw this freebie in Marie Claire. I am trying to save money, but for under £4 why not! I am so so glad I got this! I got the normal one, as i didn't want my hands smelling like chocolate haha! This has been a lifesaver. While walking to uni, my hands always bothered me being dry in the cold, now i just pop abit of this on, and voila! Perfect! I will be picking up some more L’Occitane products when I go home, as we have a flag store there, and i’m loving this brand so far!

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment

_DSC0025edit

I’m a massive fan of hair oils, and this is no different. I got this with my September Boudoir Prive box, and have been trying it out over the past month or so. This small bottle has lasted me over a month and half, and there's still only half gone! A little goes a long way for sure! There's a small difference in texture between this and the VO5 oil I was previously using. This feels, smoother, like it absorbs into my hair more. I’m going to be trying alot of hair oils in the next few months, and probably writing a comparison review as I seriously don't know what i could do without them now!

Directions Semi- permanent Hair dye

_DSC0022edit

I get bored of my hair so easily! Its currently platinum blonde but I cannot resist running some colour through it every few weeks! I used to dye my hair bright colours alot, but the upkeep was a pain in the ass most of the time. Sure blonde is sometimes annoying to keep up, but I love being blonde more than any colour I've been. My complexion really suits it. I cant help but get bored though. I’ve resisted the temptations to dye the whole of my hair a bright colour, instead opting for hair dyes. I mostly use directions, as they are in a range of colours, easily available and don't stain the hair like Special Effects hair dye. I currently have blue underneith (which can be seen here) but am thinking of going for yellow soon! I may even get some Special effects so it lasts longer, as yellow wont be that dramatic against blonde. What do you guys think?

17 Magnetic Nail Polish

_DSC0031edit

Lastly, I’ve be loving the new magnetic nail polishes by 17! Such an amazing idea, and creates gorgeous patterns. This is alot cheaper than the Nails inc one, and gives exactly the same results in my opinion. Its a pain getting used to it at first, getting the consistency right and resting the magnet on the nail without touching the polish, but the end result is pretty! Even my friend, who hates most things makeup & girly, is obsessing over this polish. I cant wait until more colours are available!

Not many makeup items this month, as I've not been wearing much! Playing around with Sugarpill has sparked by creativity though, and I'm planning on rocking a bright eye most of this month!
Have you tried any of this products I've been loving, and what do you think of them?

xox

4 comments:

  1. Love your favorites! Lemony Flutter is amazing! I used it for awhile, but almost wish the size was smaller because a little bit of product goes a looong way...my tub of it was expired before I finished it haha.

    I actually got a coupon for a free L'Occtaine hand cream, but it expired this week =( I just couldn't get around to picking it up which was a shame because it sounds awesome.

    <3 Melanie @ AdoraBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the cuticle butter, a LUSH is opening near me soon...I can't wait!

    I have the Macadamia hair oil as well, I love it, it's one of the only products that helps with my frizzy hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. need to try the magnetic nails! the nail cuticle sounds amazing, might have to try as my nails are jank from the amount of crap i put on them (oops...) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nails inc magnetic nails polishes but havent need able to find any of the 17 ones! the colours look so nice too.

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...