Friday 8 July 2011

June Favourites!

Hai ho! Sorry that I have been away, but as i mentioned previously, I had to go back to Southampton for a week to move into my new student house! If your unaware, I have just finished my first year at Southampton Solent University where i study Photography. I'm currently back at home in the north-west for summer, spending some time with my friends, boy and working! Anyway, heres my belated June Favourites! Better late than never!


Urban Decay Naked Palette
This is probably my favourite product of all this (last) month! Before I picked it up, I was never really a fan of neutral shades, instead sticking with the blacks. Since trying this out, I always have at least one of the shadows on my lid! It really is my every-day palette and I 100% think its worth every penny. My usual colours are: Virgin, Buck, Smog & Half-Baked.

NARS Laguna Bronzer
A relatively new purchase, I was on the hunt for a bronzer which i could use to contour for summer. As i have fairly pale skin, I didnt want anything too dark or muddy looking, which I was afraid this would bring at first, but its perfect! I actually wear this everyday, even if im wearing no eye makeup! It perfectly accents my pale skin, and paired with a pink blush, makes my skin glow. A must for summer!

E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush & E.L.F. Blending Eye Brush
I seriously cannot fault E.L.F. brushes! Some say they can be too scratchy compared to say, Sigma or MAC, but not having tried these I have nothing to compare them too. The stipple brush applied liquid foundation flawlessly and really help buff it into the skin, unlike a foundation brush which can be streaky and take longer to blend.
The eye blending brush is actually perfect for packing colour into the crease. Not a day goes by when i dont swirl this in "Buck" (UD Naked Palette). It applies colour evenly and smoothly, giving amazing precision.

Benefit Thrrrob Blush
This is the first real blush I ever got, when I first started wearing it, in Feb/March i believe. The boy got it me in Manchester, and its remained one of my favourites. This pretty pink shade is perfect for lighter skintones, especially in summer! I usally paid this with NARS "Laguna" Bronzer and E.L.F. "Gotta Glo" Blush (Highlight).

Estée Lauder Projectionist HD Volume Mascara
This is the second "high end" mascara ive tried after Benefit "BadGal", and i really am impressed. The packaging is luxurious and slim, with a wand which grands even application. It doesn't smudge or fade away, which ive noticed happens with "BadGal", and isnt prone to running down my face if my eyes water or it rains. I'm 100% going to be trying more Estée Lauder products as this is exactly what I want in a mascara. Im more than happy to wear it on its own, unlike the Benefit one which i knew would fade after a while.

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Zero
Need I even say anything about this? The best pencil eyeliner i've ever tried in my oppinion. It leaves the chance to be smudged out when first applied, but when set, seriously wont budge. I usally wear this on my lower lashline or to tightline (using a white liner on my waterline). Im perticularly loving it to tightline this month, for a really natural eye.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner
I may as well say, my hair is terrible. After bleaching it to death and straightening every day (WITHOUT heat protection spray) my hair seriously needed some love and attention. After deciding to improve its condition, I got my hands on some Aussie products, which ive heared can work wonders. I love this conditioner so so much! When I ran out, I had to use my mums Elvive and I HATED it, it was so chemical feeling and urgh. I really have seen an improvement in the condition of my hair since using this. The ends are no longer a frizzy dead mess and the roots look healthier.

Benefit Its Potent Eye Cream
I got this mini the other week as a Grazia magazine freebie. I may have only been using it for a little while but I'm totally a fan (unlike the rest of the skincare range). Im going to be posting a review of the B-right range soon, so i'll just say this eyecream is so soothing. I apply it at night and sometime when i wash in the morning. I cant say anything for reducing circles and I dont really have proper noticable bags under my eyes, but it just feels nice! I shall write more in the upcoming review ^_^

Barry M Nail Paint in Mint Green & OPI Silver Polish
Im unsure of the OPI polishes name as it was part of my May Glossybox, and it didnt have a name mentioned. Im adoring these 2 polishes at the moment though! The green is so so pretty, really saiting my pastel cravings and i'm using this silver as a topcoat on practically every nail look im doing! I really never thought i'd be a massive fan of glitter polish but its growing on me.

Soap & Glory Clear Here Moisturiser
I'm on a massive skincare kick of late, striving to perfect my skin. A product which i'm loving is this soap & glory moisturiser, which I picked up about a month ago. At first it made my skin feel so dry, I actually didnt leave the house for a few days, not wanting to irritate it with makeup, but after that initial phase was over ive noticed it really did make my skin better. It tackles blemishes by drying them out, and has "pore shrinking" ingredients. I cant say ive noticed any pore-shrinking, but this does leave my skin feeling smooth, and is apparently a perfect base for makeup. I'm going to continue using this over the next few months and hope to see further improvements.

So thats my June Favourites. Again I apologize for being away, but you can expect more regular posting now that im back. Also I shall be having a GIVEAWAY this week to thank all my lovely followers, and to celebrating reaching over 50!

xox

2 comments:

  1. I also never used to use neutral eyeshadows until i brought my naked palette - there is so many looks you can create with it!

    I really wanna try out some of nars' products - everyone always gives them brilliant reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with my Aussia 3 Minute Miracle! I just finished a bottle up and repurchased another :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...