Thursday 26 September 2013

Wet n Wild Blue Had Me At Hello

blue had me at hello wetnwild makeup look swatches FOTD

blue had me at hello wetnwild makeup look swatches 2

blue had me at hello wetnwild makeup look

blue had me at hello wetnwild makeup look swatches

urban decay revolution lipstick catfight swatch

A brand I was really looking forward to trying across the pond was Wet n Wild, an affordable drugstore brand with glowing reviews. I’ve heard especially good things about their eye shadows and was looking forward to trying some more out despite my previous bad experience with the Petal Pusher palette. Fortunately I has much better luck with “Blue Had Me At Hello”, an 8 shadow palette filled with gorgeous smoky blues. Their pigmentation was amazing and they applied beautifully, being easily blendable with minimal fallout. I really regret not buying the Comfort Zone palette now I'm back home, but I guess it will have to be a main hit on future trips to the states.

I finished the look with one of Urban Decay’s new Revolution Lipsticks in Catfight. I got a miniature of this from Sephora with my beauty insider points and I’m pretty impressed! The formula is totally matte but not drying in the slightest, as is often my gripe with matte lipsticks. The colour I have, Catfight, is so much brighter in person than shown in these photos, it didn't want to show up properly on my camera. Such amazing pigmentation and they glide effortlessly onto the lips, I can see myself buying one of these when I have some spare cash. Shame and Venom, get in my life!

blue had me at hello wetnwild makeup look swatches FOTD 2

blue had me at hello wetnwild makeup look beauty 2

Face
Inglot Primer, Diorskin Forever in 011, Collection Concealer in Fair, Fyrinnae Loose Powder, NARS Laguna Bronzer, Tarte Blush in Amused, ELF Gotta Glow.

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion, Blue Had Me At Hello by Wet n Wild (colours on the right), Urban Decay Eyeliner in Zero, Collection Felt Tip Liner, Benefit They’re Real Mascara, Anastasia Brow Whiz in Ash Blonde.

Lips
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Catfight

What's your favourite Wet n Wild product? What would you recommend picking up?

xox

4 comments:

  1. I adore this palette - when you're back pick up Comfort Zone, it's on the same level as this rather than Petal Pusher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. leather stock lots
    :-very good content and nice information...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...