Sunday 22 September 2013

Disney Makeup Look: Dumbo

_DSC0560edit[Photograph taken by me]

disney dumbo inspired makeup look bright sugarpill 2

Having not worn bright makeup for some months, I thought it was about time I played with my palettes and kick started a new series inspired by my favourite thing in the whole world. Disney! I created something bright and fun yet simple and rather wearable which is based upon one of my favourite characters, Dumbo. For the lid colour i used Urban Decays Pistol from the Naked 2 Palette, a gorgeous grey-brown that’s not quite a taupe but still grey enough to double up as Dumbo's skin tone. On the outer crease and inner corner I used Sugarpill’s Buttercupcake and on the lower lash line Sugarpill’s Love+ as a tribute to his adorable collar and hat.

I forgot how much I love wearing bright colours, the rest of that day finding me skipping around the house exclaiming “look at the pretty eyeshadow!” You don’t need to do a whole elaborate look to stand out, sometimes a pop of colour will do the trick.

disney dumbo inspired makeup look bright sugarpill

disney dumbo inspired makeup look bright sugarpill FOTD 2

disney dumbo inspired makeup look bright sugarpill tarte urban decay

Face
Inglot Primer, Diorskin Forever in 011, Collection Concealer in Fair, Fyrinnae Loose Powder, NARS Laguna Bronzer, Tarte Blush in Amused, ELF Gotta Glow.

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Urban Decay Bootycall, Urban Decay Pistol, Sugarpill Buttercupcake, Sugarpill Love+, Kat Von D Autograph Pencil in Immortal Love, Physicians Formula Eye Booster, Benefit They’re Real Mascara, Anastasia Brow Whiz in Ash Blonde.

Lips
Barry M 141, Sephora Lipgloss in Dazzling Violet.

disney dumbo inspired makeup look bright sugarpill FOTD

This is the first of many makeup looks coming soon and possibly (probably) some video tutorials. Hello villains for Halloween. Well I have to have something to entertain me now that I’m not in Florida anymore don’t I? Haha! You might be able to see a little bit in these photos also, but I decorated my bedroom. I’m so happy with it and can’t wait to do a cheeky little post on it once I've added the finishing touches. Disney ones of course.

What’s your favourite Disney character? Who would you like to see a look inspired by?

xox

2 comments:

  1. I love the olour placement in this, and yay for bright colours, much needed now it's so gloomy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...