Thursday 5 September 2013

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL 50+ Melt-In Cream Review

la roche posay anthelios XL suncream sunscreen 50  facial sun protection melt-in cream french skincare

la roche posay anthelios XL suncream sunscreen 50  facial sun protection melt-in cream

Having spent the summer in the beaming sun and 34+ degree heat, my fair skin needed all the protection it could get. Step up La Roche-Posay! I bought this facial sunscreen last year in Paris, but never really needed it until my time in the sunshine state. I was a little apprehensive at first, always being wary of products that could break me out. I’m happy to say, that wasn't the case. The main properties I was looking for was protection (obviously), length of effectiveness and ability to wear well under makeup.

Working outside really put this product to the test! I would apply it in the morning after moisturiser and before a primer, giving it a few minuets to sink into the skin. My face never burnt once! Not even my nose, which is usually the main casualty from the suns rays. It would last the whole day with added water resistance for those days around the pool, saving me worry on whether I needed to top up. It didn’t feel too heavy on my face, and when a primer was used I couldn’t feel it at all. Now this did last under certain makeup products. Foundation, not as long as usual as I did see abit of movement as the day progressed, but below my collection lasting perfection concealer it worked a treat (even with the sweating, ew!)

For £14.50 at Boots, this is a little pricey if you only want it for a short trip. I was using it daily for three months and I still have a quarter of the tube left. I do recommend you pick it up if you’re visiting France though, as it is cheaper in it’s home country.

Pros: Sufficient protection against the sun, Lasts all day, Works well under certain makeup products, Product lasts for a long time, Great for sensitive skin, Water resistant.
Cons: Doesn’t work as well under a full face of makeup (why would you even want that in the heat though!)

Yet again, La Roche-Posay haven’t disappointed! They are fast becoming one of my favourite skincare brands. What facial sunscreen do you use? Have you been anywhere nice this summer?

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...