Sunday 21 October 2012

That’s What She Said: Wet n Wild Petal Pusher Palette!

wet n wild petal pusher palette makeup eyeshadow beauty colours

wet n wild petal pusher palette makeup eyeshadow beauty

Hey pretties! Today I have a Wet n Wild review for you! Now this is the first time I’ve tried this brand as it’s not readily available in the UK. My friend Katie kindly picked up Petal Pusher for me though, on her recent trip to Florida. I’ve heard alot of good things about Wet n Wild so was really excited to try this. Unfortunately, I have to say I was underwhelmed. Many people rave about the pigmentation, but to me it was severely lacking. When I did a little research I saw peoples swatches of this palette look so vivid. What did you use, a paint roller? Now apologies for my terrible swatches today. I still haven’t found the perfect place in my house for a mega accurate representation.

wet n wild petal pusher palette makeup eyeshadow beauty swatches 2[L-R: Eyebrow, Eyelid, Crease, Definer] Direct Sunlight.wet n wild petal pusher palette makeup eyeshadow beauty swatches purple[L-R: Eyebrow, Eyelid, Crease, Definer] Shaded.

I had to scrub away to get the colour payoff above. The darker colours are alright, its just the lighter ones. I guess people who don’t normally wear bright colours may think the pigmentation is good, but I do regularly wear bright eye shadows from the likes of Sugarpill & indie loose pigment companies, so to me its a little disappointing. The packaging is plastic and cheap looking, but it is a cheap drugstore product, so what do we expect really?

Now don’t get me wrong, I do like this palette. It’s great for a colourful toned down look (you can see my recent FOTD post using this here) but it’s not as “in your face” as I'm used too. One thing which I really love though, is how well the shadows blend! So easily do they just merge together to give beautiful gradients. Not patchy in the slightest. I am going to give the brand a second chance as a few people I’ve spoken too have said Petal Pusher isn’t the best, so if my secret plans (which are not so secret to some of you) go ahead I’ll have to chance to try alot more Wet n Wild next summer.

What do you think of Wet n Wild palettes? Which is your favourite?

xox

2 comments:

  1. You didn't mention what, if any, primer you used. I would guess you didn't, and that's why the color payoff is minimal. If you put most regular powder eye shadows on bare skin, they're not going to look like much. I would never attempt to apply eye shadow on my eyes without foundation and a primer made for that purpose. My experience with WNW products in general has been very positive, although it should be understood that WNW is a very, very inexpensive brand and should not even be compared to other "drugstore" brands like Revlon, Cover Girl, Maybelline, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear the petal pusher palette is one of WnW's worse palettes (thus my avoiding it :x ) I do have their comfort zone & blue had me palette as well as several of their trios & matte lippies and the majority of the shades are super pigmented and blendable (there are a few misses) The only thing is, most of them are super, super soft - kick up lots of fallout and break/crumble more than any e/s I've tried. Overall I think they're still quite good for the price, they blow my Maybelline es out of the water, best e/s in the drugstore imo if you are on a budget and don't mind the crumbliness and overuse of frosty finishes. If you like brights, the bottom green in the I dream of greenie trio is quite good :) I encourage you giving them a second chance, of course they're not as good as my beloved Sugarpills but there are some hidden gems in that brand. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...