Friday 1 June 2012

Clarisonic Mia: Monthly Update #1

Heya! Now as some of you may have seen on twitter last month, I purchased the Clarisonic Mia from Buyapower. Having been eyeing it up for quite a while, I decided to take the plunge. Every month I am going to write about my progress, what cleansers I’m using and ultimately if I think it’s worth the £120 price tag.

_DSC0041edit

The Mia is a more “travel friendly” version of the original Clarisonic. Waterproof with one speed, it comes with the sensitive brush head although more can be bought separately. I’m not going to bore you with the technical information though, as I'm sure you’ve heard it all before.

Starting out I used the device twice a day, after 2 weeks decreasing this to once in the evenings. Firstly though, I am going to talk about the purge. That dreaded few weeks most people go through when using the Clarisonic. My skin started to show signs of this about a week into using it. I wouldn’t say it was very bad, but having just gotten my skin pretty darn clear it was definitely an annoyance. For reference, my skin is oily/normal and I guess I would call it acne prone.

_DSC0059edit

I mostly got breakouts around my chin with one or two blemishes appearing on my lower cheeks. Approximately a month later I’m still getting a few problem areas around my chin, but they have decreased alot. I haven’t noticed much difference in my skin overall, but some of the pigmentation on my cheeks has practically disappeared. I think the main thing i need to focus on now is sticking to one cleanser. My skins already recovering from the purge, so I hope to see some more noticeable results in the next month.

_DSC0070edit

Cleansers
I’ve tried 4 cleansers up to now, each with a different consistency. My favourite so far is the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, the full size of of which I'm going to pick up when I have abit more money to spend on beauty items. My least favourite is the Clarisonic cleanser, it smells disgusting and really doesn't leave my skin as soft of the others. The Murad acne cleanser and the Benefit Foamingly Clean facial wash are alright, but I really just prefer the Liz Earle over them both.

Overview
So this month the main things I have seen is the purge stage and the fading of some pigmentation marks on my cheeks. Not bad for the first month really. I aim to stick with one cleanser in the next few weeks to see what difference that will make, now that my skin is starting to clear up. I am not yet to the point were I can recommend the Clarisonic, so I shall update you next month with my progress!

What cleansers would you recommend to me ? (Nothing too expensive mind you!)
Have you tried the Clarisonic? Let me know your experiences!

xox

1 comment:

  1. I'm so going to follow your journey into Mia Clarisonic's world a sI want to purchase one and I'm curious to see if it really works!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...