Saturday 14 May 2011

Mini Haul: Too Faced, Simple, Dr Nick Lowe.

Hey! I've picked up a few new things this week while in town, including some makeup storage, so thought i would share them with you =] Im planning on splashing out a little when i get my finances in order but for now ive just been picked up bits and bobs!

Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturuser
I was looking for a cheap moisturiser for the moment to replace my usual which has just ran out. A friend of mine said the brand simple was pretty decent so i thought i'd check it out. I have normal/combination skin and just decided to pick up this one, which apparently has UV filters. I need to pick up one with spf in really as i burn really easily in summer, but i'll be looking for one with maybe spf 30+, so if anyone has any recomendations post below! Anyway, I've used this twice and it leaves my skin nice and soft not taking too long to dry and not being overly oily. For just over 3 quid, its worth trying. Can be found in any store with a skincare section, boots, superdrug, tesco ect ^_^

Dr Nick Lowe Anti Blemish Purifying Foaming Cleanser
I saw this brand on a beauty blog i believe, reccomending it, so while i had a £5 off vouncher i decided to get one of the products. I really wanted the starter set, but they didnt have it in so i settled with this. I can break out sometimes when im stressed or at the time of the month, so i thought i would give this a go and see if its as good as people say. Im tempted to get some more of the range next week, but i'll see. The cleanser is a foam, me having never used a foam clenser before being abit weirded out by it! I've still to get used to it haha! I used this after ive taken my makeup off with a cream clenser, this just makes sure my skin is clean before moisturising. It smells abit funky, but that goes away after a few minuets. It retails at about £10 from boots (but having a voucher i got it for £5). Has anyone else had any experience with this brand?

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical
Most girls have had experience with this product. I got it when i went to Download festival a few years ago, but havent repurchased since. Latley ive been finding less time to wash my hair in the morning or evening, only to jump in the shower quickly with my favourite lush shower gel, so thought i would get this to give my hair a clean feel between washes, especailly as the summer months are coming up when i'd want to shower maybe twice a day! I got this for £1.69 from savers!

5 Draw Stack
I also got the draws these products are perched on in the image above! Theres 5 roomy draws that come upto about knee level. The best part? They were £3 from Adsa! Bargin! My makeups been all over my floor since ive started buying more and more, and it overflowed from my little vanity box. These little draws are full already, but its just a temporary fix, as i move into my house in July so will be reorginizing everything! My collection isnt huge at the moment but its deffinatly growing!


Too Faced Pixie Pin-Ups Set
This was a spontanious buy when browsing the beauty stands in boots. I've always wanted to try too faces shadow indurence and the mascaras, so when i saw this set on clearance for £10.50 I had to buy it! It comes with a mini shadow insurence primer, mini lava gloss eyeliner pencil, mini lash injection mascara and 6 eyeshadows in Leading Lady, I Know What Boys Want, Lucky Charms, Heaven, Like a Virgin and Erotica. I've only used the eyeliner and mascara so far and have to say i do like the mascara. It smells abit weird but its amazing to use on my bottom lashes. Its amazingly water resistant too. My eye was watering a little and it didnt budge unlike my Benefit BADlash which can go all down my face! I dont think im gonna be sticking with it for the top, but bottom deffinatly. When i swatched the eyeliner on my hand and ran my finger over it it smudged and faded straight away do i didnt have too high hopes, but applying it to my top lid I didnt mind it actually. Its great for blending and does have staying power (except for abit in the inner corners of the eye). Im looking foward to trying the shadow insurence and eyeshadows this week! Worth the £10.50 i paid in my oppinion :D


4 comments:

  1. my oh my, love the too faced palette. I really wanted to have one. :( Im dying to try too faced palletes! oh, Nice blog deary. Definitely going to follow you!:D BTW. I'm having my birthday giveaway. You can check it here:
    Misskatv's Birthday Giveaway!

    xoxo,
    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Too Faced set looks amazing - I really want to try some of their products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh that too faced set is mega cute! Want! Also which asda did ya get the drawers from! I need moar storage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to try TooFaced products for ages! So thought this was my chance to hit a few products in one buy :P
    And the one in the town center katie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...