Thursday 7 January 2016

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper Review


Declaring a holy grail makeup item is a big claim, but believe me when I say that I have found my Holy Grail of Liquid Eyeliners. The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper is without a doubt the best liquid liner I have ever tried in my 10 years of wearing makeup. From the first use I was besotted. Now I do know a few people don't get on with this eyeliner, but let me give you my thoughts on it. At $19 (£13ish) is isn't the cheapest on the market, but then again is isn't the most expensive. Considering how long it lasts and how amazing the product actually is, I would pay for it again in a heartbeat.The only issue is that it, and the whole Kat Von D range, can only really be found in the USA. Luckily, Sephora do international shipping for £10 if you spend £70, including customs fees, so for me personally that isn't a big issue as I tend to make an order every 6 months anyway. Pssst, a little birdy told me that Kat Von D will be making an appearance in Boots soon, so keep your eyes peeled. The eyeliner itself is housed in pretty, yet practical packaging, feeling comfortable when holding and easy to apply with the felt tip applicator. The formula glides onto the skin without tugging while the applicator makes it easy enough to dictate whether a thin or thick line is wanted. I love the pigmentation of Trooper, being a jet black colour that dries rather quickly so accidentally smudging is practically non existent. My favourite thing about the eyeliner is most definitely the staying power. It Does Not Budge! I've always had issues with liquid eyeliners running, fading or smudging, especially when its windy or rainy and my eyes water. Seriously though, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner really doesn't move at all. I've even had a shower with it on and it's stayed put! This does mean it can take a little more effort taking it off at night, but my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish does a great job, it just needs a little extra attention. 

Additionally, the whole Kat Von D makeup range is cruelty free, which is a requirement for me. The lady herself is also working on making the whole range Vegan in future.

Pros: Amazing staying power, Strong pigmentation, Applies smoothly, Dries quickly, Lasts a long time, Cruelty Free
Cons: Only really available in the USA, Requires a little more effort to remove.

Have you tried any products from Kat Von D? What would you most like to try?

xox



1 comment:

  1. It took me a while to get used to this liner, at first I hated it, can't quite remember why but now I completely adore it!
    I've heard rumour that KVD is coming to Boots in 2016....we can only hope it's true :)
    Gillian  xx  EyelinerFlicks.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...