Saturday 2 January 2016

On Becoming a Vegan


I've never really been one to talk about food on my blog, apart from the rare post on how to eat vegetarian in Disney Parks or a brief mention within a lifestyle post. Today though, I thought I would talk about making the jump from vegetarian to vegan. This time last year if you told me that I would become a Vegan I wouldn't have believed it, being way too in love with cheese and chocolate to even consider it. However, over the past few months its been something I have been thinking about more and more. I've felt an overwhelming need to take that step into Veganism and have chosen to do Veganuary to kick start it. I've been vegetarian for over 10 years, its something that's been a big part of my life and helped mold me into who I am today, I would even go so far as to say it's the best decision I ever made. So, as of January 1st I've cut all animal sourced products from my diet completely. Yes, i know we're only 2 days in, but so far it's become second nature. To be honest, alot of the food I eat is Vegan based anyway, I just used to add cheese and butter. Sure, there's a lot of label checking and eating out may be a bit of a pain until I'm used to things, but I really do aim to embrace Veganism fully. I will always be a vegetarian, no matter which way this goes, but so far I'm really optimistic and am enjoying looking up new recipes and inspiration. Also, Alpro Soya Chocolate Milk... Wow!

I have decided to film my Veganuary adventures on my channel, so if you would like to see more about Veganism here, do let me know!
Do you have a vegetarian or vegan diet?

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...