Thursday 29 January 2015

My Skincare Routine ft. Liz Earle, REN, Kiehl’s & Embryolisse

skincare routine ren liz earle kiehls embryolisse a

After years of trying various skincare products, thinking something is working for me then realising it isn't, switching things up and jumping on bandwagons, I’ve finally found a handful of products which work wonders. Back in May 2014 I was having a lot of trouble with my skin becoming inflamed and very sensitive. It was advised that I may be using too many products that were causing a negative reaction and to cut back. I’ve been using this combination exclusively for months, and combined with my contraceptive pill they calmed my inflamed skin and successfully combat any spots. Of course i still do get hormonal breakouts on my chin, but there's probably not much i can really do about that to be honest.

First up is Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, a cream cleanser which i have been using for many years. I use this with a muslin cloth to remove every scrap of my makeup in the evening and then again for a ‘double cleanse’, while in the morning it refreshes my skin for the day ahead. I’ve found that I don't need to use a daily exfoliator or toner with this, as the cloth does that itself. When I did use Pixi Glow Tonic alongside, it was way too harsh for my skin and caused it to become irritated after a few weeks. Next up is Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I love this stuff! I actually use it both morning and evening, 5 drops before bed and 2-3 drops when I wake up. It really helps keep spots at bay while improving the texture and evenness of my skintone. Another bonus is that it lasts absolutely ages! After applying the oil I apply a small amount of Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre, which when used over night has me waking up to plumper, smoother and well moisturised skin. When used in the morning, although it takes a while to sink it, it provides a great base for makeup. Finally, I use Ren’s Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask once every 1-2 weeks to give it a little extra exfoliation.

I’m finally really happy with my skincare routine and don’t plan to change it any time soon.
What skincare products do you use? Have you tried any of the products in my skincare routine?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...