Friday 23 January 2015

Everyday Makeup Staples

everyday makeup staples blush feathers lipstick

We all have those makeup products which we go back too time and time again. No matter how much I try to switch up my routine, I will always go back to these five products and have done for the past year or so. I just haven’t found anything that works as good and heck, why try and fix something that isn’t broken?

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
This has has so much hype in the blogging world over the last few years and with reason. I have yet to find a concealer that performs as well as this does. I’ve worn this is the Florida humidity, the sea air of a cruise ship and pouring down rain, it does not budge! I do wish it was slightly paler, but its easy enough to blend into my skin tone. I will always repurchase this, especially as it’s only £4.19! Bargain.

NARS Laguna Bronzer
I’m a big fan of NARS, and although the brand is at the top end of the price spectrum, Laguna Bronzer has lasted me a long long time. When I say a long time I mean over 2 years. I wear it every single time I put makeup on, just under my cheekbone to give a subtle contour. It blends beautifully, even on my casper-like skin tone, giving my round face a little more definition.

Urban Decay Naked Basics
The Urban Decay Naked palettes have been my staples for years, so when they brought out this smaller travel friendly version I knew I would fall in love from day one. The highlight, light brown and dark brown combination enables me to do my everyday eye shadow look while the black adds a little bit more when I want my eyes to look more “done up”. I would like to try Naked Basics 2, as this first one has 3 “highlight” shades, 2 of which I don't actually use, while the new version has only 2.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
I’ve only ever had one full size Primer Potion since I first started using it back when I was 18 (5 years ago)! It lasts ages and always pops up as a free sample or with the palettes, making it so I’ve never really needed to purchase another one. My current Primer Potion, I got with Sephora points back in summer 2013 I believe, and its still going strong. Granted I don't wear eye shadow everyday, but that's pretty good going really. You’ve probably heard tonnes about UDPP, but for me it stops any eye shadow from creasing on me (apart from cream shadows, those things aren't ever staying put on my eyes). I just wouldn't be without it!

Revlon Colourburst & Balm Stain Lipsticks
No matter how many lipsticks i try, I will always go back to these Revlon “chubby sticks”. They come in a variety of colours and finishes, are very moisturising and last for hours. I know that I will get a great wear time with a fabulous colour payoff and even when they do start to wear off, the colour stays even. I hate when lipstick fades into a patchy mess. I really have fallen for this “chubby stick” fad. The application is just so much easier than a regular lipstick and I cannot say enough good things about the Revlon offerings.

What are your everyday makeup staples?

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

2 comments:

  1. I use that concealer and the Naked Basics palette almost everyday. Love them!

    Lys, from Shirayuki's Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NARS Laguna is one of my favourite products too. I wear it everyday, and I agree it lasts forever - i've only just hit the pan after almost a year!

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...