Friday 2 January 2015

All our Dreams can come True, if we have the Courage to Pursue them

2015 goals

I know what you’re thinking, ‘bah another 2015 resolution post’. That may be so, but this is more of a goals post to myself for the next few years rather than a resolutions post. I’m not really into making new years resolutions. For one, I never stick to them and two, I think you can make a change any day of the year. On the other hand, many see the new years as a chance for a clean slate, an ‘official’ starting point. My life has been abit erratic in the in 2014, not really having any direction and not really having any accomplishments to show for it. It is about time I find some direction and throw myself at life fully, instead of dossing around in a minimum wage job and living with my parents.

Get a ‘Big Girl’ job
It’s about time I found a proper full time job. At the moment I'm working 2 low paid bar/waitress jobs and barely get enough hours, this isn't how I want to live my life. This year I’m determined to find a full time job which will lead me on the path to a proper career. I’m currently doing some voluntary freelance social media work to boost up my experience, and I have had an interview for a social media role (I didn't get it), but that just shows that i can get an interview and I need to throw myself into applying for positions. I just need to keep reminding myself, What Would Walt Do?

“Everyone falls down. Getting back up is how you learn to walk.”
-Walter Elias Disney
 

Save Money
I buy way too many stupid things. A goal from now on is to stop splashing my cash on things I don't need, that way i will be able to do more spontaneous things, such as booking a random weekends away, and actually have the money there for it. I also want to start saving up for my own place and to pass my driving test, things my skint self cannot do at the moment.

Travel
As much as I want to spend time living abroad (and i shall if I get onto the Disney CRP program), having a long term serious relationship kind of limits what I feel I can do. I know that makes it sound like I'm letting my boyfriend “hold me back” but I’ve tried to live away from him, when I worked on the cruise ship, but it was just too difficult. He’s my future and I would rather travel with him than without him. So with that being said, I want us to plan travelling more in the next few years, especially as we don't yet have a house and “responsibilities”. Managing that around work will be tricky, especially when I have Disney Park cravings every year, but even if its little trips such as weekends away in Europe to a city we’ve never been or a 2 week tour around Asia, travelling should become more manageable with daily life.

Get Creative
I have so many creative thoughts buzzing around in my head yet never actually do anything about them. Its just a whole lot of excuses from being too tired to do anything after work or I already have plans. I need to make time to be creative! I hope to use my sewing machine more over the next few months and learn how to crochet, so i can make cute things and have a hobby that isn't sitting on my computer all night browsing tumblr. I want to start getting more creative with video and photography as well. You may or may not know that I studied photography for 5 years, then did a further year studying how to teach it. Photography used to be one of my passions, but its gone dry. I’ve recently realised I don't actually want a career in it per say, but I want to re-ignite my love of image making as a hobby.

Of course there is also the cliché get fit, eat more healthily, get organized, but come on, my floordrobe ain’t never fully going away and I love chocolate too much to completely cut it out of my diet. Do you have any goals for this year/the next few years? Do you make new years resolutions?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...