Wednesday 14 May 2014

Skincare Haul: REN, Kiehl’s, Embryolisse

skincare haul ren kiehls embryolisse

Recently my skin has been playing up, becoming dry, red and blemished on my chin and under my nose. After some advice, it was recommended that I cut back on skincare as it looked like i was using too many products which could be making my skin inflamed and sensitive. I used this opportunity to pick up some new skincare bits which I hoped would sooth my poor face. Firstly, I got the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (£30) when stopping by Harvey Nichols on the way home. As I’ve cut chemical exfoliation and toning out of my daily routine at the moment, I thought this would provide my skin with exfoliation on a less regular basis, therefore hopefully not being as harsh. Next, as I just ran out of my trusty Re-Gen Oil, which I’ve used as a moisturiser for years, I decided to try something high end in the form of Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate (£36). I’ve been using 2 drops all over the face and an extra drop on my chin area nightly. As this is so expensive and recommended for evening use, I also picked up the Embryolisse Lait-Créme Concentré (£20) as a day moisturiser. It has been raved about by makeup artists everywhere for years as being perfect for all skin types as well as working as both a primer and moisturiser, not being too heavy but still successfully hydrating the skin. This has been on my radar for a while, having tried a few samples and my friend Katie being a fan. So far, its working a treat. Review coming soon! Finally, I just grabbed a cheap alternative for my Re-Gen oil in the form of Rescue Oil (£1.99). This is pretty much going to be used if i run out of anything or if my skin needs a little extra love in the daytime. It will probably be really useful as a body oil when I’m working on the cruise ship as the air-con can really dry out the skin.

Apart from repurchases of Hydraluron and Cleanse & Polish before i start work on the ship, this is going to be my last beauty splurge for a while (unless i make a few naughty purchases in Florida). I have alot to pay out for before I start work and booking a last minute trip to Florida didn't help, oops! Have you bought any new skincare recently?

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

2 comments:

  1. I really need to find skincare for my face like urgently since it is super super dry atm. Which one do you recommend? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The embryolisse is actually working a treat for my dry patches, so I would totally reccomend having ago of that :)
      xox

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...