Friday 9 May 2014

Cinderella’s Castle ‘The Hub’: Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Inspired Makeup Series

walt disney world inspired makeup cinderella castle the hub

After taking some time off from this series to give my annoyingly sore eyelids some time to rest, I’m back with the final instalment! The area around Cinderella’s Castle, known as The Hub, is probably my favourite place in the whole of Walt Disney World. I get a little emotional just thinking about it. The home of ‘Dream Along with Mickey’, my favourite minor show, as well as a prime viewing area for Celebrate the Magic Castle Show, Wishes and the parades. I recall many a days wandering around the hub with my drinks cart, pretty much getting paid to watch the show as well as my time vending at the popcorn stands. Oh how I miss it… speaking of… this post couldn't have come at a more perfect time really! I may have just booked a holiday to Florida…. NEXT MONTH. It was a last minute thing between me finishing university and heading out to work on the cruise ship. I’m heading out there for 10 days on June 3rd, which just so happens to be exactly a year since I headed out to start my Disney College Program. All the feelz!

walt disney world makeup cinderella castle the hub 4

walt disney world makeup cinderella castle the hub 2

walt disney world makeup cinderella castle the hub 3

walt disney world makeup cinderella castle the hub

So, I wanted to do something fun yet classic with this look as well as attempting something I’ve never done before. I settled on an ombre winged out liner, graduating from white through pale blue, to darker shades. Using loose pigments, I combined them all with mixing medium to give a brighter colour and to help make the application more precise. I also gave abit of definition to the eyelid by using a highlight shade (Urban Decay Venus) all over and a light brown (Urban Decay Naked 2) through the crease. Creating the look was easier than I thought, as I predicted i would have some trouble perfecting the blending of two shades, but it was actually rather simple. I rounded off the look with a pink blush and a bright pink lip, to reflect the castle’s pink/purple glow at night.

Face
Inglot Primer, Dior Skin Forever in 011, NARS Creamy Concealer in Chantilly, Fyrinnae Loose Powder, NARS Laguna Bronzer, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Amused.

Eyes
UDPP, Urban Decay Naked Basics (Venus & Naked 2), Geek Chic Mana Battery, Chinovi Cloud, Victorian Disco Rowena, Sugarpill Royal Sugar, Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara, Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara, Anastasia Brow Whiz in Ash Blonde.

Lips
MUA Luxe Velvet Lip in Funk.

Well, that's the end of my Magic Kingdom series! Make sure to check out my roundup post next week which will feature all the looks I created and also check out all of Sam’s looks on her blog. I really enjoyed this collaboration with her, even if we went a little off track near the end!

What’s your favourite Magic Kingdom show? I actually don't think I can choose just one, I love them all!

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

4 comments:

  1. The gradient eyeliner is perfect! Love the silvery blue colour blended together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ombre liner is beautiful, it looks perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...