Thursday 29 May 2014

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Review

nars creamy concealer review

There has been alot of talk about the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (£22) over the past few months, so after I finished up the last of my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection, I opted to try a high end alternative. There are 10 shades available so I chose the lightest offering, Chantilly, which is described as a true ivory share for the fairest complexions. It’s a medium to full buildable coverage enriched with hydrating, multi-action skincare benefits and light diffusing technology. The packaging is basic yet sleek, with the signature NARS rubbery lid that gets dirty so freaking fast and a doe foot applicator.

My skin is very pale with pink undertones and, as you can see, I have some redness, freckles and get blemishes (mostly on my chin area), although at this point my skin was rather clear apart from a blemish on my cheek. Below I have inserted pictures of my skin with no makeup on, during application and after application. The shade is actually a really good match for my skin, which is a huge plus. I hardly ever find products that match me. To apply it, i dab a few dots on the areas that have some redness, blemishes and under the eyes, then pat the product into my skin with my ring finger. Another great thing is that the formula is lovely and creamy, blending beautifully into the skin. When set with a powder it lasts all day, although I do start to see it breaking down and settling into fine lines near the end of the day, mostly around my chin area.

nars creamy concealer review1

nars creamy concealer review2

nars creamy concealer review3

Yikes, where did them lines under my eyes and giant pores come from *grumbles at my SLR*. Anyway, I have to admit that at first i didn't like this concealer. I initially tried it with Tarte’s Full Coverage Foundation, to which it caked up, sunk into fine lines and rubbed off after a few short hours. Fortunately, its fairing much better with a lighter base such as Dior Skin Forever or my Tarte BB Cream. So, how the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer performs does tend to depend upon the base that is used. I would be wary of dry patches also. Although it’s beautifully creamy and bendable, the product can sometimes cling to dry patches so I would recommend moisturising well before using it.

Overall, i do like this concealer. It does what i need it too, is cruelty free and matches my skin beautifully. The downside? Its £22! I know it’s high end and bound to be expensive, but apart from the colour, I can probably get exactly the same results from my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer at a fraction of the price. On the plus side, concealers tend to last me around 6 months so this is going to last me quite a while. I know I’m going to be torn with repurchasing, I would want too but it would depend on what money is like at the time, so I cant say if i will or not. I will say though, this what I am reaching for almost exclusively at the moment.

Pros: Caters to pale skin, creamy, bendable, lasts all day, practical packaging (apart from the pesky lid), cruelty free.
Cons: Can fade & cake depending upon the base, expensive.

You can pick this up online or in store at Selfridges and select Harvey Nichols locations. Have you tried the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer? What is your favourite concealer? If you would like to see a comparison of this with the Collection offering leave me a comment to let me know!

xox

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about this concealer alot lately, but the price really is a turn off. Maybe one day though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...