Wednesday 1 May 2013

Women of Rock: Amy Lee Inspired Gothic Makeup Tutorial

gothic eye makeup FOTD amy lee inspired tutorial red and black

Hello there dearies! After taking a week off to organize my university work and spend a few days with my boyfriend/friends I give you my new series! I’ve always been inspired by women in the world of rock music (and I don’t mean pop stars who claim to be rock). It’s primarily a mans world and those ladies who have made it in a rock band influenced me alot throughout my teenage years. This series of tutorials is going to pay homage to those talented women and attempt to recreate some of their most popular makeup looks. So, without further ado, here’s my first tutorial which is inspired by the gorgeous Amy Lee of Evanescence. One of my favourite bands growing up, I always adored her style and stunning eye makeup. Hopefully I have done her justice.

Face
The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Reviver, Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory, Illamasqua Skin Base 02, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in fair, Collection Pressed Powder in Ivory, NARS Laguna Bronzer, Dainty Doll Blush 002 My Girl.

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance, MAC Paintpot in Blackground, Inglot matte 382, Makeup Geek Corrupt, Sugarpill Tako, ELF Black gel Liner, Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes L1, Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner, Seventeen Doll’d Up Mascara, ES A613 Eyelashes*, HD Brow Kit in Foxy.

Lips
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush

Let me know what you think of my video and also if you have any requests. I’m really focusing on improving/doing more tutorials in the future.

Do like you like Evanescence? Whose your favourite female rocker?

xox

TwitterFacebookYouTubeBlogLovin’TumblrInstagram

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a series, the eyes look really pretty. Personally i'm a huge fan of Shirley Manson, Brody Dalle, Siouxsie Sioux & Karen O to name a few.
    (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...