Monday 8 August 2011

Sleek Pout Paints: The Expectation & The Reality!


The newest addition to the highstreet, Sleek have banged this nail on the head with their new Pout Paint Collection, filling a much loved gap in the market. Being known for their stunning quality and affordable prices, this popular brand is churning out amazing products at a super fast rate.

Now these have been anticipated for quite a while in the blogger world, coming in 11 different shades and apparently being comparable to the OCC Lip Tars, but £4 cheaper and available on the high street. As it was, I tottled to Liverpool on the release day to pick up some of these bad boys. In the 3 for 2 offer I picked up Mauve Over, Pin Up and Cloud 9, not my usual colour preference but I wanted a change and the fun of mixing!


I do have to say I am loving these! They're very highly pigmented, giving long lasting colour to the lips without drying them out. It is recomended to apply with a lip brush as they would stain the hands and go everywhere! For the price you get 8ml of product, of which you only need a teeny dot to cover the whole lips, which i'm sure is gonna make them last for a long time!
As for wear time, I wore one for 4 hours easily before it started to fade a little, but even then it stained the lips! I've also had Pin Up on through drinking tea with it not budging at all!


Above I mixed Mauve over with Cloud 9 to create a lovely purple-pink shade! This is just one of many exciting colours you can create with the Pout Paints, and I hope to pick up some more when I next hit the shops!
I totally recomend these, especially for girls who love the bright lip or are still experimenting with a bolder lip colour like me. Spot on there Sleek!

xox

5 comments:

  1. I went and looked at these the other day. Got all excited about the use on mixing my own colour schemes. Glad to see these are recommended.

    As a man I don't wear much makeup, just touch ups, but I do enjoy makeup and experimentation in my photography work, and I can see that these would be group in my work on persona.

    Thanks for the blog, Its very good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own anything by Sleek yet but the excitement surrounding these is making me want to give it a go! The colour you made is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this review! :) I've been hearing about these everywhere and I thought they were probably over hyped, but now I can't wait to try them out!

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not seen them at work yet and it's killing me, they look amazing! I'm jealous of anyone who has these and can mix their own colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to try these out. My local Superdrug dont stock them! :-( xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...