Sunday 24 April 2016

52 Books in 2016


 You may or may not know, but I am a huge book worm. I always have a book on the go and love nothing better than curling up and getting lost in a fictional world. Whereas I get bored with films and TV shows, books have a way of keeping me hooked in a way that no other form of entertainment can. Unfortunately last year I went through a massive reading slump and it wasn't until I started watching my friend Roisin's booktube videos, and from them the whole world of booktube, that I was really inspired to rediscover my love for reading again. To keep me on track I joined GoodReads and set myself a challenge to read 52 books in 2016, that's a book a week! Now to me, this doesn't seems like a lot as I've been known to devour 5 books in a week, but I guess it will have to make up for weeks that I'm working a lot or don't have much time to read.

As of April 24th 2016 I have read 16 books this year and have a "to read" list that is miles long! Books I have read so far include a series re-read in Garth Nix's Old Kingdom series and a part re-read in Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments Series (I originally read the first 4 books years ago, but never finished it, so am rectifying the situation). I have also started the Grisha Trilogy by Lee Bardugo and the Queen of the Tearling Trilogy by Erika Johansen, in which the final book is being released later this year.


My immediate "to be read" books are the final two Mortal Instruments Series books (City of Lost Souls & City of Heavenly Fire) which will then open up Lady Midnight to me, as i don't feel like I can read it until I've finished the original story. I'm also planning on finishing the Grisha Trilogy and a few other series "loose ends" such as the final book in the Sookie Stackhouse Chronicles that I still haven't read!

Do you enjoy reading? Have you set yourself a reading challenge for 2016?

xox

2 comments:

  1. I have a reading challenge of only 30 lol and even then I don't know if I will reach it. I had 25 last year and I did achieve that. But I just don't have the kind of time to read that I wish I had :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish had the attention span to read that many books! Looks like a brilliant set of books to read! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...