Friday 1 May 2015

Silver Spur Steakhouse Restaurant Review | Disney Dining (Disneyland Paris)

Silver spur steakhouse disneyland paris

Silver spur steakhouse disneyland paris

Silver spur steakhouse disneyland paris

Silver spur steakhouse disneyland paris

Now I wouldn't consider myself to have a sophisticated palette in the slightest, but being a vegetarian I find it helpful to read reviews of Disney Park Restaurants to see what the vegetarian offerings are like. A vegetarian in a steakhouse you may ask! There is a method to the irony! During our Disneyland Paris trip we had the standard half board meal plan, meaning we had vouchers worth €26 towards a meal. I will go more into the DLP dining plan in a future video as it’s completely different to Walt Disney World and can be a little confusing, but for now just know that we chose to eat off a set menu which included a Starter, Main and Desert for about €28.99 with an additional large bottle of water which we shared, using the vouchers to pay off most of the meal then paying out of pocket for the excess (about €6-€8 each extra).

When entering the restaurant we were greeted by the lovely host who was very friendly seated us in a section surrounded by other English people, which I assume they do depending on what server speaks good English, as ours did. It was pretty empty as can be expected in off peak times, but it made the atmosphere very relaxed. The decor was perfect for its location in Frontierland, being very “western cowboy” yet still sophisticated. There was only one vegetarian option for a starter and main in Silver Spur Steakhouse, but as with all Disney Dining, if you are not keen you can request a custom dish (although I'm not sure how this would align with the set menu). I was happy with the options available which were Sweetcorn Soup with Corn Bread as a starter and a Tofu Tagliatelle with Vegetables for my main. A basket of bread rolls was also brought out soon after ordering to snack on while waiting for the food to arrive. I was a little sceptical of the Sweetcorn Soup initially as I’m not the biggest fan of sweet corn, but wow, it was the most delicious soup I have ever had in my life. It was creamy, mild and perfect for a cold February evening. The cornbread accompaniment was also amazing, although I preferred to eat this on its own as it just crumbled if I tried to dip. This dish was so good that I still think about it and long for another bowl full. As for the main, even though it wasn't as memorable as the starter, I still enjoyed it. The tagliatelle was cooked to perfection while the sundried tomatoes added a little kick. Although the tofu was a little tasteless, on a whole everything worked well together and I barely managed to finish it, having to save some room for desert of course. Speaking of desert, I chose to have the Chocolate Brownie Sundae, which the server confirmed is suitable for vegetarians. This was also mouth wateringly delicious and rounded up a perfect meal, probably the best I've ever had in a Disney Park.

Considering that the Silver Spur Steakhouse is one of Disneyland Paris’s ‘budget’ table service restaurants, I would 100% recommend it to anyone. The service was great, the food delicious and the whole experience highly enjoyable.

Have you dined at any of Disneyland Paris’s restaurants?

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...